Rear 4/5-point harness mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was unable to find 60 series specific anything in a search, so here goes nothing.

I was hoping someone could help me figure out if there is a logical way to affix 4/5 point safety harnesses for a factory rear seat in my FJ62.

My model was manufactured in 9/‘87 (1988 model) so I don’t have any shoulder belts. I’d like to add some better harnesses for my kids, but I know I’ll likely have to build a bar behind the bench back to affix the harnesses like some 40 series and Jeep Wranglers run.

Athoughts on where to secure some sort of cross bar too?

80D74786-1793-4E18-AF7D-B43D0ECBD0F8.jpeg

AB15E611-C111-4F9A-A3D4-43D88B055593.jpeg

Have you checked to see if you have the nut on the c pillar? I’ve seen people have them on late build 60 series and also, install them in a clever manner.

it’s not that far fetched to install 62 belts even in the worst case.

Hi Adam,

I'll share what I am doing in order to add some rear tether anchors for my babies' car seats.

I bought a 1/8" by 3" by 28.5" Cold Finished steel plate from Speedy Metals (Speedy Metals Online Industrial Metal Supply - https://www.speedymetals.com/).

I don't have an intact cargo area carpet, so I figured I could use the space between the rear seat and cargo platform where the rear seatbelts mount to mount the 1/8" plate beneath the rear seatbelt bolts (I sourced longer, 1 1/4" bolts from SeatBelt Planet for this purpose) once I drill four 7/16" holes through the plate. I will also drill 3 7/16" holes opposite those four mounting holes to attach the tether anchors to (will buy these from Toyota as aftermarket/retrofit items).

The plan is to use the factory lapbelts and the tethers that will loop over the rear seat back and down to the plate/anchors to prevent forward tilting of the car seats. This type of plate may also work for attaching harness straps.

1622003844971.png

1622003873363.png

I was unable to find 60 series specific anything in a search, so here goes nothing.

I was hoping someone could help me figure out if there is a logical way to affix 4/5 point safety harnesses for a factory rear seat in my FJ62.

My model was manufactured in 9/‘87 (1988 model) so I don’t have any shoulder belts. I’d like to add some better harnesses for my kids, but I know I’ll likely have to build a bar behind the bench back to affix the harnesses like some 40 series and Jeep Wranglers run.

Athoughts on where to secure some sort of cross bar too?

View attachment 2684675

View attachment 2684676
Bring it on over, we will bend some pipe and make a halo with a cross bar behind the seats for the 4 or 5 point whichever you want

Bring it on over, we will bend some pipe and make a halo with a cross bar behind the seats for the 4 or 5 point whichever you want
Did anything come of this? A sort of suggestions? I would like to do the same thing in adding a 4 or 5 point to the rear of an 82 FJ60.

At some point in the future, I am thinking of welding the V or Y shape belts shown here to the plate that I attached above. Right now I am using the plate under the retracting belts to fasten car seats to. But in the future, I will add some better belts than just the lap belts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom