Rear 3rd member + e-locker used pricing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GXO

GXO
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
gxor.org
What is the current used private pricing on a stock e-lockered rear chunk?

I have a line on one for a certain amount and can swap that sucker right into my 91 using the e-locker control from http://www.inchwormgear.com/ ($75)

What's the word?

Thanks!

Dan,

I have not tried to purchase a used locker rear diff. I can tell you that a new one lists for just under 1,300 bucks (off today, can't tell ya to the penny ::) ). Often junk yards try for half the new price. I would say anything over about 650 bucks is getting kinda close to what you could get a brand spankin' new one for (if ya know where to shop ;) ).

Aside from housing mods I am not too intimidated by the install.

the price I have lined is way less than of your lowest price...may be worth it!!

Thanks!

sor only wanted $450.00 last i checked. :eek:

Guys,...guys,

All I said was anything over 650 was a bit much, I wasn't trying to sell one for that ::) . I don't do used..... ;)

I'd say 450 was very fair. :banana:

[quote author=Bradass80 link=board=2;threadid=4980;start=msg38183#msg38183 date=1062776609]
sor only wanted $450.00 last i checked. :eek:
[/quote]

Where did you find it, on the SOR web site? I was looking on their site and couldn't find it.
They are $500 at Cruiserparts but they are out of stock :'(
If I could get a low mi one, I then wouldn't have to rebuild mine plus I would get a actuator that is not in 3 pieces 8)
kurt
It would be nice to go in with someone that needs the diff but the actuator and split the charge :-*

Kurt, I may have a line on a salvage FZJ80, will send owner your way if it all goes through.

I have a new rear elocker actuator sitting in my garage. :flipoff2: Not going to use it since the portals are going under this winter.

Anyone want or need? :D

I called them when i was quoted $450.

Dan

Doesn't your 91 have a SF rear end? For some reason I though the e-locker required a FF rear end.

Otherwise I would love to put one in my 55.

Jared

The e-locker can be installed in a SF axle, I do not know the specifics. Theferg is in the middle of doing something along those lines.

D-

I don't think the electric locker can be installed in the rear land cruiser semi-floating axle [could be wrong, whats new :flipoff2:]. The toy semi-floater requires the c-clip to hold the axles in place - so the locker will not fit.

In fact, I'm getting like Junk, and I know it won't fit ;).

It does fit the FJ front FF axles.
- lock axle in locked position, slip in housing
- replace a couple of diff studs, which need to be a little longer
- install longer splined, short side axle, i.e. front, short side axle from a 70 series, Downey, CV Unlimited, etc
- wire up the actuator, use factory actuator controllers / relays, or cable attachment

Joe

The Downey kit is for 40 and 60 to add 80 third member using a cable to lock the diff. The kit comes with axle, cable and a block to mount where the actuator goes.
Maybe it won't work on a SF. That wouldn't be the first thing Downey sells that doesn't work.
kurt

Well, the secret was I am trying to get a FF rear end w/o locker and the chunk with the locker to mate together.

pricing is looking good too...who knows!!

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=4980;start=msg38300#msg38300 date=1062796310]
Is there a blue light price?[/quote]

If that was directed towards me, yes, there is a blue light price. Send me an email or PM and I'm sure we can work something out so you'll soon have a locker in the rear. :D

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=4980;start=msg38163#msg38163 date=1062772151]
Dan,

I have not tried to purchase a used locker rear diff. I can tell you that a new one lists for just under 1,300 bucks (off today, can't tell ya to the penny ::) ). Often junk yards try for half the new price. I would say anything over about 650 bucks is getting kinda close to what you could get a brand spankin' new one for (if ya know where to shop ;) ).
[/quote]

Dan Is the under $1300 for the compleat thrid member; gears,bearings,case,actuator ect assembled ready to install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom