Realtime - injector washer/gasket orientation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The little brass donuts under the injectors, which way goes "up", the concave or convex side???

The little brass donuts under the injectors, which way goes "up", the concave or convex side???

There are two sealing washers.

The lower one is convex one side and concave the other. - The CONCAVE side goes uppermost.

Here are my new washers in place ready for the injector to be screwed in on top:

InjectorWashers.jpg

:cheers:

PS. This picture of the old washers may show their shapes better:

InjectorWashOld.jpg

And here's confirmation from the FSM:

InjectorWashers4.jpg

PPS. And to satisfy my interest - Do you know any of the numbers for your 3B injectors? (For instance "1800 body" or "DN4 SD-24 nozzles")
InjectorWashers.jpg
InjectorWashOld.jpg
InjectorWashers4.jpg

Last edited:
You didnt say what 3B you have or what year/model, Im assuming they are all the same but thats for you to check. Im also surprised an experienced diesel fuel injection shop can not work this out.

1569974487166.png

its a B in a 1980 BJ40 canadian spec 24v
and i was little surprised that they were asking me as well.

by the sounds of it, they were a little surprised i did not send them an old gasket and seal for reference.

Thanks for fwding the parts spread sheet from Toyodiy.com

and i was little surprised that they were asking me as well.

Most fuel injection shops have a little library full of old parts manuals. Or they can get inside parts lists online that consumers often have trouble accessing.
The B engines have been used in refrigeration and boats, they are possibly one of the most common 3 litre diesels in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom