Realtime help: where does this hose go? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Realtime help: BRAKE FAILURE

LookEd under my hood trying to figure out why my brakes are weak and found this hose just laying there unhooked from wherever it goes. Any help would be appreciate ASAP.

60282169.jpg

Last edited:
I don't see it. Can you put an arrow or something on it?

Not really I'm on my phone. It is the hose coming out of the back of the part in front of the clutch master(no idea what that part is). My brakes are completely gone, which really sucks big time.

i am not sure what hose you are talking about either?

but your clutch master cylinder looks empty.

and your master cylinder for your brakes could be gone, some times they leak externally, but all of the Toyota masters i have had go bad leak internally, and usually will give you a fading pedal, until they go all the way out.

also if it is the hose that goes past your brake booster in behind your CC controller it probably goes there.

i am not sure what hose you are talking about either?

but your clutch master cylinder looks empty.

and your master cylinder for your brakes could be gone, some times they leak externally, but all of the Toyota masters i have had go bad leak internally, and usually will give you a fading pedal, until they go all the way out.

also if it is the hose that goes past your brake booster in behind your CC controller it probably goes there.

Clutch master is full. It is the hose that goes to the back of the CC actuator, I called Toyota to find the ID of that part. I don't know where the other end of it goes. But that is very secondary because I need to figure out why my brakes are non-existent. Going to tear into it tomorrow.

I also might add that the reservoir for the brake master is full too. No leakage. Does that mean anything at all?

not if it is leaking internally past the rubber seals, did they just go out abruptly or did they have the fade or soft pedal that slowly sinks?

Ya, that thing in front of the clutch master is the cruise control and I believe the vacuum hose hooks up to that.

As far as the brakes. Have you bleed the master? Have you looked for leaking calipers or rear cylinders? Hoses in good shape? Even if the brake booster goes out you will still have brakes (it's the only thing that needs vacuum), just a hard pedal. If you can't bleed the master you might need to replace it.

Pappy. I have no leaks, haven't lost one drop of fluid that I can see. The pedal goes to the floor with striking ease with little to no effect on my braking.

Master cylinder is bad.

That hose on the CC actuator connects to the intake somewhere, pretty sure it's supposed to connect to the plastic 3-way adapter right at the very back end of the intake plenum, just in front of the firewall. It could be that the CC stopped working so someone disconnected a long time ago.

Sudden failure of the brakes like that usually indicates the master cylinder is bad. You can get a "cup kit" from the dealer to rebuild it, it's not hard. Make sure you bench-bleed when you re-install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom