Realtime Help Third Member/ Differential Won't Come Out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wrench

One Bashed Up 80
Threads
Hi I am trying to remove my front diff but it won't come out. I have both axles pulled. I got he diff an inch out but it won't go anymore. It's like it won't fit through the hole. Should I force it? Oh I should mention I have an ARB air locker.

Last edited:
I had the same problem.

Move it side to side, up and down while pulling on it, should come out. On mine, the bearing cap bolts were hitting the inside and the diff wouldnt come out. Its a tight fit, but it should come out.

With 2 people we barely got it out. Plus were rookies.

support it with a floor jack, and slowly pry it out with a thick pry bar...working your way slowly around the diff rotating it back and forth till you find that sweet spot where it will clear everything...should eventually pop out.

well, somebody put it in there through the hole... :D So, no worries, take a deep breath, get a cold one, and come back to it later...

Slow and steady...it will come out if you cleared the studs and have the axles out.

Also, I assume you have disconnected the air lines, etc?

Thanks guys I got it out by pulling and wiggling it and forcing it through. Now the tie rod is in the way. But no biggie. I got it out.

Is the copper hose that connects to the air housing catching on something? If there is too much hose or it is not tucked in tight I could see it catching on the way out.

If the diff can be pulled out enough to clear the studs you might try the rotate it to see if the will clear the hose.

I posted too late, glad you got it out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom