Realtime 3B automatic timer removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm posting this a few hours in advance - I'm pulling the timing cover because I want to have a look at my cam bearings (because I think one is blown up).

The FSM states I have to heat the cover to remove and reinstall the automatic timer. The question is - if I don't bother to pull the timer out of the cover, can I just reinstall the cover with it in place? Or do I have to worry about things lining up? Probably so, right?

Yes you have to worry about getting things to line up. The alignment is easy..just follow the FSM instructions on lining up the marks, but you can't do it with the auto timer still attached to the cover.

Note, though, that boiling water is plenty hot enough. I think the FSM only calls for 160 F heat, so boiling water is overkill. When I did my over haul, in fact, I was able to pull the auto timer out just by hand. It's not a very tight fit.

Yes you have to worry about getting things to line up. The alignment is easy..just follow the FSM instructions on lining up the marks, but you can't do it with the auto timer still attached to the cover.

Note, though, that boiling water is plenty hot enough. I think the FSM only calls for 160 F heat, so boiling water is overkill. When I did my over haul, in fact, I was able to pull the auto timer out just by hand. It's not a very tight fit.

Thanks. When I pulled the cover the timer actually stayed on the pump, go figure.

Going to have an interesting post for everyone tonight...

Going to have an interesting post for everyone tonight...

Carnage Drew???? Is there any????

We all like to see CARNAGE!

(So long as it's on other people's cruisers.)

I can't wait...................... :lol:

Carnage Drew???? Is there any????

Mayyyyybeeeee....

But you'll have to wait longer because I need a beer and my ride has just arrived.

Heres a tease. I'm such a jerk, haha.
tease.jpg

Last edited:
Mayyyyybeeeee....

But you'll have to wait longer because I need a beer and my ride has just arrived.

Heres a tease. I'm such a jerk, haha.

Hey. You haven't been taking lessons from "fuffy bunny chop sui" have you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom