Real Time Tech: Trouble Getting Axle Out of 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So the question is can you get that ring and pinion to setup correctly in the locking carrier.

i'm pretty sure it is the front. Rear is much larger.

So the question is can you get that ring and pinion to setup correctly in the locking carrier.

Well, I'm gonna watch Ryan's youtube video a few more times... I can get a dial gauge with mag base, spanner, etc. but without a press or decent stand to sit the housing in, I'm not optimistic. Plus, if I'm taking it all apart, I'd want to do bearings and races, too, right?

Any advice?

Well, I'm gonna watch Ryan's youtube video a few more times... I can get a dial gauge with mag base, spanner, etc. but without a press or decent stand to sit the housing in, I'm not optimistic. Plus, if I'm taking it all apart, I'd want to do bearings and races, too, right?

Any advice?

pay Ryan or Lance to do it. /advice

2X
But they probably will not install used gears. It is a big gamble

And even if they did, if I’m paying for all that labor and the bearings, races, etc, I’m silly for not going 4.88s. Right? I’m keeping in mind that I ran the rear dry a couple years ago - only briefly and at moderate speed, so when I replaced the plug and added oil, it quoted down. But I never pulled it to take a look. It had to have shortened it’s life considerably.

So, it’s down to finding a whole used locked diff or going full regear.

sounds like a perfect time to regear.

and don't forget about adding a supercharger :)

Damn truck barely has brakes. The last thing it needs is to go faster.

Road trip!!

I called just to see if he’d split up the diff from the housing, but no luck. I’ll see what I can find for shipping options.

I can pick it up at logan's run....one of the ONSC guys should be able to bring it to there...

It has an actuator on it.

It has an actuator on it.

I don't actually see the actuator, either. It's hidden by the diff housing in both photos. But, there's a photo of the Nitro Gears shipping box in the ad for the rear diff that has the correct "ELOC" part code.

Anyone else interested in the rear? Maybe get a package deal price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom