Real time ID question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sloanstavern

SILVER Star
Threads
Morning,
I have a "rest of world market" '82 FJ45 and I am struggling to find correct parts.

1. Brake components- it is equipped with drums on all 4 corners , one wheel cylinder each in rear and 2 each in the front. I can figure out all the other brake parts but how do I correctly ID the wheel cylinders?

2. Axle seals - I need to replace the rear seals ( at wheels and pinion seal) do they differ by year and if so how to correctly identify. Also front seals all around?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott

Call Cruiser outfitters they should have the parts you need.

Morning,
I have a "rest of world market" '82 FJ45 and I am struggling to find correct parts.

1. Brake components- it is equipped with drums on all 4 corners , one wheel cylinder each in rear and 2 each in the front. I can figure out all the other brake parts but how do I correctly ID the wheel cylinders?

2. Axle seals - I need to replace the rear seals ( at wheels and pinion seal) do they differ by year and if so how to correctly identify. Also front seals all around?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Scott

If your not already I would find a website that will allow you to look up part numbers. Seems to be hit and miss what can be purchased from dealers in the US. Never researched the late (8/80+) back full floater to the semi floater but those parts may be available. Front drums not sure of as all my late axles are disc brakes. If the front are a pain to get parts may look to upgrade to disc brake. I know the 83/84 HJ47RV from Australia had disc brakes. Never compared the booster and master cylinders between the late drum brake and disc brake axles.

Thanks (x3). I will give CO a call.
I did find a web site that seems to have accurate '82 ROW parts, but many of the toyota parts numbers provided are no longer produced.
Just trying to minimize dead ends or ordering incorrect parts.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom