Real Time Help - Single Tire Replacement (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tire shop told me it needs to be within 3/32nds of new tread depth. Going through the same thing with a tire from an accident. I know the diffs are all open, etc, but still have some back of my mind voodoo about wear on the drivetrain.

Last edited:
I have dealt with this issue several times. Just get on Ebay and buy a used tire that has the same tread thickness as the other 3 on the car. If you get 4 new tires, the 3 that are still okay are likely going to someone who will just sell them on Ebay. Shipping through Ebay tends to be quite quick too.

Depending on circumstances, I would probably just plug the tire until the new one arrived. Or even just "install" a larger screw in the hole in the tire until the replacement arrives. This comes with a caveat to avoid high speed driving with these fixes in place.

I think the ebay idea is best. They confirmed it isn't fixable. Dont see anything on ebay for my size (285 75 16). Will start watching.

I believe that Tire Rack will also shave tires down if you need something more quickly and still only want to replace one tire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom