real time help please..........87 fj60 alt wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i need to know what wires go where on the alternator, i have a yellow around 16 gauge ans a white and black wire around 20 gauge. the connector on the alt has an upper and lower male spade, but the knuckle head who worked on the truck last cut off the harness connector and put two female insulated connectors and didnt mark them. any help would be appreciated

Mike:eek:

Are they still connected? If so just use marker on the top one. If its already off you've got a 50/50 shot:meh:

Looking at the FRONT of the alt., the yellow should be on the left and the w/b on the right. The yellow spot has two triangle shaped notches on top and bottom where the factory connector fits only one way.

Here's a pic of my 85. The large white goes to the lower terminal with the 10mm, the other two go to the alt plug.

Hope this helps
DSCN3286.jpg

i guess what im saying is if i hook up the two wires to the green plastic connector to the back of the alt if it could damage it. ThANks for all of you guys input got to love mud support

I think I know what your talking about. On my alt. the solid yellow wire goes on the top spade and the black and white wire on the bottom spade. If it is hooked up correctly it should be fine. I've had to replace other connectors with male/female on my cruiser with no ill effects, it doesn't have to be the solid green connector as long as you know what goes where. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom