Real time help please - 1FZ reassembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.lakeminnetonkarealestate.com
Hi mudders, posted a note last night about the gears for the oil pump and on the crank--was wondering if someone could confirm that these gears are supposed to be free spinning:

YouTube - 1FZ Engine question

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-...r-case-wont-come-out-truck-2.html#post5453584

It seems like the gear on the crank would need to be fixed in order for it to turn the oil pump--is that right? I didn't notice whether it was or wasn't as I was dis-assembling and don't remember another connecting gear that would cause them to spin. Don't want to move forward until confirmed one way or the other.

Also, doing a budget rebuild (blown the budget already) and wanting your input on whether or not to replace the tensioners. 270k on the block, not a whole lot of wear on the guides.

Thanks!

not sure about the gear, but I wouldn't bother with the guides if they're in good shape.

Torque the crank pulley bolt to 304 ftlbs and the gear will be solidly held in place on the crankshaft. ;)

Don't the 93-94 IFZ-FE's have a keyed crank (for the oil pump gear), while the 95-97's don't? I think I read that on here MUD.
I know both have the spec of 304ft-lbs. for the crank pulley...

Thanks guys. How do you ensure timing chain and pistons match up? TDC on piston 1, cams not reinstalled yet, timing chain not reinstalled yet. Remember those marks to make the gears line up. Marks on the chain indicate TDC on gear and crank...

Still a little bit fuzzy on how that goes back together.

the chain has two silver links on one side. You rotate the crank so the timing mark on the crank sprocket points down, 3:00 o'clock and the timing mark on the cam shaft sprocket points up, 12:00 o'clock and those silver links should be at those timing marks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom