Real time help - new Comeup winch beeping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got my 200 back from the installer with a new dual battery setup. One part of the install was the Come up SEAL GEN2 12.5rs. The installer did the whole walk around showing all the new stuff. Then after he left and i shut the car off, i starting hearing this beeping sound. basically 2 beeps every 5 seconds. Tried turning the car back on and off, driving it around, releasing the winch clutch and back. Nothing, solid 2 beeps every 5 seconds coming from the control box. Any ideas? continuously whether the truck is on or off. I have the wired remote but neither me nor the installer can locate the wireless remote. His thought was that the beeps mean the wireless remote is missing. I saw something in the manual saying it could mean the engine overheating. Don't know what to do, help please. Here is video of the noise

Our does it as well when the power source is disconnected and reconnected, however it's a different beep. But does shut off after a bit. I have the wireless remote in the glovebox.

Ok time to breakdown and read the directions, we won't tell or ask for your Man Card. Congrats on mod. BTW yesterday finally installed the RW's I got from you a couple of years ago.

I get a similar beeping like that whenever the battery is disconnected/reconnected. It goes away after a few min though. Wish I could be more help.

Is the solenoid box is grounded to the motor housing? If your solenoid contacts are vertical, the grounding contact is on the rear of the motor housing. It would be worth verifying it is connected and hasn’t loosened.

I seem to remember that it has to do with reconnecting to the remote. I think

well for now i just disconnected the positive cable. i did try plugging it back in, then the beep switched to solid beeping continuously. So i took it back off and just zip tied it away safe. Traveling in the morning, so this will just have to wait til i get back

beeping is normal after reconnecting power ( for about a minute). If it continues beeping, I think you need to re-pair your wireless remote.

is the comeup dedicated to the 2nd battery? Or is it connected to where the power is cut off to the winch every time you shut off the engine?

Last edited:
That’s exactly what the beeping is. Pair your wireless remote to your winch.
Hold down the wireless remote power button for a few seconds, you’ll hear another single beep then your remote is paired. Any time the battery the winch is connected to is disconnected you’ll need to pair your wireless remote again. There’s more detailed instructions in the slim booklet that came with your winch. But that’s the gist. Remember it, it’s an easy procedure

I had that on my Comeup on my last cruiser. Just means the wireless remote isn’t connected. I never bothered to connect it and it didn’t bother me because I had a master winch disconnect and only turned the winch on when I needed it at the trail.

not to derail the thread with safety stuff but do you have a master winch disconnect?

Any time the battery the winch is connected to is disconnected you’ll need to pair your wireless remote again.
you dont need to be doing this - I keep my winch disconnected and manually connect it when I need it. I've never needed to re-pair it...

you dont need to be doing this - I keep my winch disconnected and manually connect it when I need it. I've never needed to re-pair it...

Yeah. I have never had to re-pair mine. I have never heard this beeping before and I have had my winch disconnected for long periods of time, although normally it is connected. I actually can’t remember ever pairing the wireless but it works.

The only time I did hear beeping like this was when my previous battery was running low.

Thanks for the advice. I need to find the wireless controller, the shop that did the install appears to have lost it. So for now, I’ll just re connect the cable when I need it. Heading to Utah so no time to do anymore troubleshooting til I get back.

Just got back from our trip. Had an awesome time and just left the winch unplugged. I did get stuck once in some quicksand/mud like substance on the beach of Palisades Lake in Idaho. It was on the 4th of July, embarrassing, but very American. I ended up getting pulled out by a Ford F250 with 2 tow straps so he could be far enough away to get any traction. So lucky all things considered that it was a crowded beach and had somebody come over in 5 minutes of getting stuck.

I talked to Comeup today and they confirmed the beeping is the sound when it can't sync the remote. I told them the installer lost the original, so $50 later i ordered a new one. He also told me the syncing steps. So I'll post up if it works.
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0578.jpg

Got the new wireless remote from ComeUp last night. Hooked it up and followed the sync procedure order that they recommended. All good 👍🏻 works like a charm now. Any time you disconnect the battery you have to re sync the remote I believe.

1002FCBD-D226-4F22-A137-9680B8EA39FF.jpeg

Any time you disconnect the battery you have to re sync the remote I believe.
Nein. It should stop beeping after 30’seconds. I've never had to pair mine again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom