Real-time Help Needed for an H diesel (water pump) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
I bought a set of split rims from another mud member whose dropping them off on the way to his destination of Maine.

Josh is enroute to Maine from Georgia in his HJ45 & his truck is starting to overheat. He recently swapped the thermostat and things were good for the first part of his road trip till this morning. He's currently near Richmond, VA at exit 4 on 85N.

Does anyone in the area happen to have a water pump? I suggested he fill the radiator via the radiator cap instead of the reservoir and to keep topping it off a few times till any remaining air in the system was purged.

Last edited:
May be okay... The HJ45 is rolling and the temp gauge is holding within "normal" range. Doesn't look like a water pump is needed at the moment. I'll post an update once Josh rolls through town.

There may be nothing wrong with the water pump. If he is trying to keep up with traffic on I85 and I 95 and only has a 4 speed and no "rubber overdrive" it is probably going to run hot. If he has a turbo, and the boost is turned up, that won't help any. Depending on his schedule, he may want to consider a slower road like 301 or 29 into the DC area.

Not my rig.... So, I'm getting limited details/history; the truck had a rebuilt cylinder head installed within the last month or so. He filled the radiator via radiator cap and dumped in a significant amount. Running okay now; I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to check it when it cools down and finds there's more coolant to add. No air bubbles or water leaking when I last spoke to him. <Fingers crossed> He should be good to go.

Josh had a pretty cool HJ45 w/camper pop-top... didn't have a chance to take pictures of the truck as he was understandably wanting to hit the road. Thanks for the suggestions and relieved the issue was a relatively minor/easy fix.

Since everyone likes pictures; I did receive 16 inch split rims for the FJ45lv (soon to be blasted & powder coated):

image.jpg

He looked like he was doing good when I passed him on 495

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom