Real time help needed, booster removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm up to my wrists in in it right now. Removed the lines to the ABS ahead of time for clearance but the booster does not seem to clear the intake manifold? All 4 of the studs are clear of the holes in the firewall, is there something i am missing or a special move i have not thought of? 1997 with ABS

I didn't have issue with the intake at all. The booster needs to be out far enough to clear the majority of the screws. My issue was 100% the ABS lines. After that it was cake.

Did this not too long ago and I didn't have to remove any lines :cool:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/looks-like-i-broke-my-brakes-help.800175/#post-9131594

Just pulled the master, pushed it out of the way and I had more than enough room to pull the booster :)

The trick getting the booster past the intake was to pull the top passenger side of the booster out and let it rest on the intake, then wiggle the lower driver's side out slowly.

The hardest part for me was actually squeezing my fat arse under the dash to put the nuts back on :eek:

I just did mine and you have to remove to rod that connects it to pedal or you will not get it out period. Once you do that it's straight forward. Just turn it to the drivers wheel well while you move it past the intake manifold.

...via IH8MUD app

Thanks. Pushed it back in and pulled the top PS first and it wiggled out pretty easy.

Now to bleed the crap out of it, thinking of doing a gravity bleed this time, then getting the ABS to activate a couple of times and then bleed again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom