Real time help....I'm Back (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So since I last posted everything has been going well. Cruiser is my DD and has been running like a charm. Alternator went out last week and replaced it and had no problems. Than I got the itch. Bought new plugs, wires, rotor and cap. Today I pulled the air cleaner assembly, sanded it and repainted. After that went and changed plugs wires etc. As you might know I'm a :banana::banana: mechanic but this all seemed to go great. Fired it up and it just purred. Then touched the gas and whomp it just shut down. Restarted right back up idled perfect at 800 rpm (it's always been a little high) put it in reverse and at idle it backed up, then gave it gas and boom it died. I double checked everything and now I am having a cold one and trying not to lose my cool. I included some pics not that they will show anything but if anyone has any ideas as always I'd be super greatfull. I also have a picture of a wire with a strange bell shaped boot on it that I have no idea what it is. Maybe related maybe not. Thanks again for the help. Hambone
photo (2).JPG
photo (4).JPG
photo (1).JPG

I think that wire in the boot goes over the oil pressure sending unit, looks like a little bell on the side of the block? I might be wrong, I'm using a 12HT as reference, but looks familiar.

Yup thats it. Now I remember disconnecting it when I installed the mech oil gauge. Well crap now I'm totally clueless.

Just put the original wires back on cause I figured what the hell. Still no throttle. It dies the second you hit the pedal. No ideas anyone? I just need somewhere to start.

Make sure you reconnect the oil sender plastic connector to the CENTER pin on the sending unit... NOT the spade connector (if equipped).
The spade connector is a unused ground connection and if you connect to this ...poof! there goes the dash oil gauge!
Ask me how I know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom