real time help, heater hose? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Never had a problem with coolant leaking, but in the past few hours, when engine is warm, coolant leaking hardcore from back side of engine, underneath (of course!). On my way home just now, she almost overheated, and has never done that. I was in the red almost. What can I do until I replace what I suspect is the PHH? Can I limp along until the weekend, or am I toast...

Thanks,
Joel

I read somewhere around here where a guy took a digital camera stuck it inside the fender well driver side and got a pic of the PHH. Probably should use a trouble light to get the pic. My .02.

Toast is what you are if you intentionally overheat the motor! I would not drive it. Being w/o your truck for a few days might be very inconvenient, but nowhere as inconvenient as a seized motor.

The PHH shouldn't be that tough. Bypass the steel pipe if you're in a hurry.

Thanks for the reply. I unfortunately have no time to do any work on it. How much can I expect to pay the local shop? Might be a bit harsh...

Joel

If you're not picky about what kind of hose they use and they think they can knock it out in a couple of hours by circumventing the vert. pipe... maybe $175? Just a wild ass guess. Sorry you're not closer or I'd knock it out for ya... I've got the gear to do mine +1. Good luck.

I read somewhere around here where a guy took a digital camera stuck it inside the fender well driver side and got a pic of the PHH. Probably should use a trouble light to get the pic. My .02.

That probably be me..... I got s*#% for it saying it wasn't that hard to access, but it wasn't that bad. If I had seen this eariler I could have put you in touch with a buddy of mine in Nashville. He just repalced his PHH. Let me know if you need his info.
PHH-15-12-07.jpg

PHH-15-12-07.jpg

that info would be great,always good to know a local cruiser head. I am probably going to take it to a shop in the next day or 2, business truck and a much needed hauler of product (food business). thanks..

Joel

that info would be great,always good to know a local cruiser head. I am probably going to take it to a shop in the next day or 2, business truck and a much needed hauler of product (food business). thanks..

Joel

You have a PM!

Later,
TC

anyone got a list of tools needed?

any threads/ procedures?....I'm looking but could use the best links, I've got the phone book now......

Need asap plz THX

anyone got a list of tools needed?

any threads/ procedures?....I'm looking but could use the best links, I've got the phone book now......

Need asap plz THX

When I did mine, i really began to wonder what all the fuss was about. It took about 30 to 45 minutes, you will need a good pair of side cutters, a razor knife, some silicone spray, and a screwdriver. Parts - silicone hose and proper clamps.

Put the left front on a jackstand as high as you can get it, Remove left front wheel, reach up with the side cutters and cut away the hose clamps, use the razor knife the cut the full length of the old hose, pry the old hose off with the screwdriver. Cut the length of new hose you need and spray the inside with silicone lube. Spray the pipe and the nipple on the block with silicone lube, pull the tube back just enough to slide the new hose as far up the tube as you can, line the new hose up with the nipple and slide back down the tube and onto the nipple. Install the proper clamps and refill the system.

If the pipe bends a little, just bend it back.

When I did mine, i really began to wonder what all the fuss was about.

My impression as well. :rolleyes: BFD. Want something to complain about? :D

Step right this way, let me introduce you to my 3.0. :lol:

LOL, but that lower most pipe bolt didn't make it back in. :frown:

:grinpimp: For doing it next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom