Real Time Help - FJ 62 Fuel System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Mud,

I have a fuel leak under the hood. I can see where it is coming from, but I don't know what this part is, and I haven't been able to find it googling and searching here.

The photo below is taken from the passenger side across the top of the engine. The tan plastic component circled in red is weeping gasoline at idle. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me identify what it is and where I can get another one.

Thanks!

marked FJ62 Fuel leak.jpg

Hey Code Red,

That would be your fuel pressure damper.

Hers's a better picture of it. Make sure that is tight in the fuel rail.

IMG_0956.jpg

Hmmm. The photos I have found for the fuel pressure damper (PN 23207?????) look like the top of the housing is made of some kind of metal (Denso), but are otherwise very similar. Could be a non-oem part that has snuck on board some time in the last 300k?

They also look pretty straightforward to change. Just twist this one out and twist another on. Does that sound right?

Thanks guys! Fantastic response and support!!!!!

I just went to look at my 88 parts truck. The part you have pictured is the "Pulsation Damper" and is located on the end of the fuel rail near the fire wall. The Fuel Pressure Regulator is located on the other end of the fuel rail.

Pulse Damper

1660146681203.png

Fuel Pressure Regulator

1660146709119.png

Thanks guys! Marietta Toyota will have a Pulsation damper P/N 23207, waiting on me at 8:00 tomorrow morning. (which implies they may have it late this afternoon.)

Be careful pulling it out of the rail. Might want to spray the area with penetrating oil. Don't want to mess up the threads or bend the fuel rail in the process.

Be careful pulling it out of the rail. Might want to spray the area with penetrating oil. Don't want to mess up the threads or bend the fuel rail in the process.
Thanks! I'll spray it and let it soak overnight.

Mission accomplished. Easy fix. It was a 22mm crows foot. It took me about 30 minutes to replace. 28 of those were spent under the truck with a flashlight looking for the copper washer I dropped.

The part I got from the dealer included a new pulsation damper, but not the new washers shown in Seth S's photo above. No problem reusing the old ones. Except for dropping them a couple times.

Forum pulls through again, helping yet another cruiser head in need.
Keep it up guys...

Watch it for leaks. Copper work-hardens. This is why the washers are meant to be replaced. Sure there wasn't a little baggy containing two aluminum washers in that box?

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on it. No washers in mine. The only thing in the baggy was the dampener itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom