Real time help. Cut line. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2MinutesTurkish

it was two minutes, five minutes ago...
Threads
Gents, real time help needed here. Had a big whoops and cut this line. Fluid blew everywhere. Not the way I wanted to start my arb bumper install. How f' d in the a am I right now?
20180312_150658.jpg

Thats the ac pressure switch (<$40 new). The line itself may need to be sourced at the dealer, but the good news is it appears to be short, and easy to replace. As long as your AC was working before, its not too big of a deal. Just gotta get the line replaced, pull vacuum, and fill w/ R134a (if this sounds foreign to you, get it to an AC shop after you replace that line).

Don’t feel bad, I came sooooo close to doing the same thing when I installed my bumper.

I LOL'd and cursed like a crazy person when it happened. Sheet happens is right. I'm so desensitized to the 2 steps forward, 1 step back approach to DIY projects around my house that it barely phased me. It's just another opportunity to learn more about my rig.

I LOL'd and cursed like a crazy person when it happened. Sheet happens is right. I'm so desensitized to the 2 steps forward, 1 step back approach to DIY projects around my house that it barely phased me. It's just another opportunity to learn more about my rig.
at least you are positive ;) Maybe stay away from table saws, plasmacutters, and my shop though ;)

Never said I was a smart man.....but can anyone confirm the correct part number I need to order? Also, I'm assuming I'm ok to drive this around. I've got the HVAC system completely off and some tape around the nick/cut so no foreign debris gets introduced to the system.

Never said I was a smart man.....but can anyone confirm the correct part number I need to order? Also, I'm assuming I'm ok to drive this around. I've got the HVAC system completely off and some tape around the nick/cut so no foreign debris gets introduced to the system.

Yes, you are fine to use the vehicle. Just keep the A/C system off. You have already sealed up the line...so no additional moisture can enter. Replace the desiccant in the drier before pulling a vacuum on the system and recharging.

And Kudos to you for maintaining a good attitude about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom