Real time help! Can’t get my ram assist off it’s bracket!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to get the ram off of its mount that connects to the U bolt plate. It looks like maybe I need to press or pound the sleeve out of it but it’s not budging after a number of whacks with the BFH! Any ideas?

580FEACA-4E0C-481F-80F8-D93D3878F222.jpeg

16936819-2A52-4888-AE19-5AD81878BAB2.jpeg

D95EC08F-1005-40D9-AF43-D04AD216F3AC.jpeg

I'd probably start with a vice and a pipe wrench to see if I could make something turn. A little heat wouldn't hurt

I really need a vice! It’s one if those things I really need to invest in

use a puller or just pry bars to pull the non-bracket end off the sleeve. Then maybe you can pull the Heim joint off the sleeve to free the ram assembly/.

I tried a pickle fork and a tie rod puller with no luck. I just picked up a vice and pipe wrench. I’ll heat it up and try that approach tomorrow morning.

I tried a pickle fork and a tie rod puller with no luck. I just picked up a vice and pipe wrench. I’ll heat it up and try that approach tomorrow morning.
All wonderful things, those.

if I'm looking at the pics correctly, the smaller sleeve needs to come out of the larger sleeve to get this apart?
heating things up red hot, with a cutting torch
good luck,
a hydraulic press with the correct size rod to push the sleeve out?
or
I'm thinking sawzall and get new parts

The pipe wrench worked! Sometimes the basic solution is the one not in your head!

after taking it all apart it turned out the eye /mounting holes werent the Same size. Had to put it all back together . Argh

C3465858-E637-4ACC-BE6B-19C3A95A3ED3.jpeg

I'm getting a strong Mort Goldman vibe off the front of your truck.

1599146065516.png

:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom