Real time brake help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just finished replacing my passenger side wheel cylinder, along with new shoes, and brake hardware. That cylinder was pouring out fluid, but my other side seems fine. I have a Wagner premium replacement since I ordered two. Should I go ahead and replace it even though it's not OME and know I have 2 new ones or should I leave it? 172k on them. Thanks

I would, at a minimum, replace the shoes on the other side too, if that's what you're asking. If it were me, I'd replace the cylinder also. But I'm anal about brakes.

I always feel, that since it's on the jack stands might aswell in addition the "how to do it" is still fresh on my mind. I can't comment on whether the 172K OEM is better than the Wagner product.

Well I agree. Went ahead and replaced it. Both of my bell housings on my ebrake are now moving free and lubed up but my ebrake lever still wont even budge. So I'm guessing I have to replace the cable. Do I have to take all this crap apart again when I do replace the cable or does the replacement stop where the cables split to each wheel? Thanks again

Cable stops where they attach to the bell crank. No need to take the brakes apart. You might be able to get some lube down the cable housing and free it up. Worth a try, anyway.

Thanks Spike sounds good. Will I be able to tell if everything is functioning properly before I bleed them? I'm about to put the drums back on just wondering if theres anything visual I can do to see before I call a buddy over to help bleed them. Then i'll leave ya alone!!

maybe if you've got a pic to compare them to, or posting a pic, otherwise you takes your chances...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom