Real Time: AC recharge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:beer::beer:I have an 84 Fj60 and is need of a recharge. Which port do I attach the hose to? The one on the left or te right?
AC.jpg

I can't tell the orientation from your pic, but you charge on the side where the larger diameter hose is attached. You might see an "S" or "suction" stamped on the compressor. Should be the side closest to the engine.

Sorry: Orientation is from the front of the Cruiser looking towards the windshield.
And thank you.

Just looked: "S" Marks the spot> It's the one on the right...... The "s" is just out of frame to the left of the rusty Hex bolt on the compressor itself.
Thanks again.....

Last edited:
Ok, here's the situation. It doesn't blow cold especially on a hot day thus thinking I need to recharge it.

I hooked the gauge up to the "S' hose, and the gauge reads in the "Red" around 99 with the AC on high. I know, not good. I reved the carb to see if that would cause the needle to drop but it didn't.

I think the compressor is on. How do I tell? The pully is turning but that's because the other belts are turning.

Am I correct in thinking that because I'm getting a reading at all that I don't have a leak?

What next?

Need in put please.

Last edited:
When you hit the A/C button, does the engine rpm change? Look at the hub of the compressor-it's the part in front of the pulley. With the A/C engaged, it should be spinning along with the pulley. If it's not moving, you're reading static pressure because the compressor isn't turning. For testing pruposes only, you can hook 12 volts directly to the wire going to the compressor clutch and see what the pressure drops to. You're looking for 20-25 psi.

It might help if the wire under the comp was attached. It;s now blowing super cold.
:doh::whoops::bang:

Thanks all. I like easy......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom