Real Steel soft top bows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got my bow setup and am still waiting for my top to come in but was trying to fit the windshield rail and have some questions. Does anybody have a pic of how they installed it, the top of my windshield frame is curved but the rail is not. How do you attach it? The rest seems pretty straightforward.

F57A56B2-3DEB-4AF2-B9A8-B487A23FC2CF.jpeg

999BAB65-93CA-4AA4-B9D7-92D2AE71DCFC.jpeg

@Seamus ...waiting impatiently 😎.....can’t wait to see the finished product.

I have an OEM channel... they were slightly curved to match the contour of the windshield frame.

BAC1AD1F-CA4A-43F5-80C5-82FF3AA26DB1.jpeg

The wipers are in the way and the holes aren’t even close

View attachment 2547995

View attachment 2547996

View attachment 2547997

What year is your cruiser? Does it have the seven fixed nuts across the top of the windshield to mount the channel. My 9/67 68 factory model hard top has them. Bought a 73 FST over twenty five years ago and installed the bows on the 68 and bought a new Kayline top while there were still available.
001029.jpg

Back in 2009 bought bows and used Kayline top off a 67. The channel was shaped like the early channel when they were welded on but used the same seven bolts. Late model FJ40s no longer had the fixed nuts but did have the holes where they would go. Assumably for markets that still got a FST. Like mentioned the OEM channel has a radius to match the windshield which makes it simple to tell where it mounted.

What year is your cruiser? Does it have the seven fixed nuts across the top of the windshield to mount the channel. My 9/67 68 factory model hard top has them. Bought a 73 FST over twenty five years ago and installed the bows on the 68 and bought a new Kayline top while there were still available.View attachment 2548281

Back in 2009 bought bows and used Kayline top off a 67. The channel was shaped like the early channel when they were welded on but used the same seven bolts. Late model FJ40s no longer had the fixed nuts but did have the holes where they would go. Assumably for markets that still got a FST. Like mentioned the OEM channel has a radius to match the windshield which makes it simple to tell where it mounted.
Cruiser is a 69, and I just checked, it has the holes on the top of the frame that match the channel. I never looked for them. At first I wrongly assumed that the holes for the hard top would be used. Can’t wait for the soft top to show up. I think I need to build a new roll cage though, the mounts for it interfere with the bows, I may have to reconfigure something.

I have the same. I started threading screws in loose in at the center, working outwards, then tighten them all down. I used rubber washers to seal the holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom