Real Steel Cruiser Bolt on Tailgate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Catching Neutral

GOLD Star
Threads
Just received a bolt on tailgate. I had it shipped to my brother who will paint it. Unfortunately it does not have the mounting holes and he is 4 hours away. I would like to get the holes drilled before he paints it. If anyone has tackled this situation and has measurements for the holes I would be most greatful.
E8C3CF49-9CA1-4772-91E9-50A2302FB819.jpeg
9098C1EF-D3DA-4083-90F2-BEC88E99BC39.jpeg

Get a couple of sheets of 8.5x11 paper. Line the paper up along the top rail and the edge of the tailgate opening and use a little blue tape to secure it along the top rail. Mark the holes on the paper. Now flip up the paper on both sides and put in the new tailgate. Secure it with magnets or squeeze clamps, then flip your paper down and mark the hole locations with a self loading center punch. Pull off the gate, drill the holes, done.
I have used this method for setting up hinge holes, emblem holes for new body panels, etc.

That awesome....thank you. Since I do not have the tailgate (it’s at my brothers 4 hours away) I was looking for a solution to prevent shipping it 3 more times. I will Likely have him paint it ship it to me and use a method like this. It will just require some touch up once the holes are drilled.

I had wondered if they came pre-drilled. Thanks for posting this.

Another FYI. This tailgate does not have the holes drilled for the license plate light wiring.
These will be easy for my brother to do before painting. They just need to be close to OEM and symmetrical.

It's also not sealed or primed between the inside and outside panels...not addressing that will lead to rust stains.
Thank you, I have forwarded this info to my brother

I’m having trouble with a CCOT tailgate fitting properly. Considering this one. Could you possibly get me a measurement the total length of the panel itself not the tabs. Would be greatly appreciated.

I’m having trouble with a CCOT tailgate fitting properly. Considering this one. Could you possibly get me a measurement the total length of the panel itself not the tabs. Would be greatly appreciated.
I read your thread, Sorry you are having problems, Had my brother measure it. 41.5 inches wide 15 & 3/8 tall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom