Real deal front front and side protection made in the Ozarks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
And its on one of a set of twin lexus 450s.

this front fender armor is heavy guage DOM tied to well made side step/sliders and they have been tested heavily in the ozarks. If youve never run ozark trails they are steep, heavily wooded and large boulders.

Looks pretty lousy. I'm sure those tubes will bend if you wang em in the middle of the span.
well he just took them up all black diamonds yesterday and day before same trails I did and there was no issues. and these are boulders bashing your truck.

well he just took them up all black diamonds yesterday and day before same trails I did and there was no issues. and these are boulders bashing your truck.
They must be magic tubes then, supported by invisible truss members

Those style front fender tubes are common in Australia. They get called brush bars.

I'm not a fan.
They look like ass IMHO, and you lose 3-4” clearance each side, so you tag an obstacle sooner.

I've watched many times as buddies have pushed past a rock or tree or dirt bank etc and the brush bar has contacted the obstacle, and almost immediately contacted the body. Often the same line, similar rig without bars will slip through with no contact.
Sometimes they help you slide past an obstacle, often they land in just the wrong spot and can hang up on an obstacle.
They can be a damage multiplier.

YMMV

Did your truck get beat up though?

one good thing I have seen those brush bars do is stop the top of your bull bar folding back into the bonnet after hitting a massive roo. It was a 105 series with an arb bar and brush bar/sidesteps. Guy hit this thing on the hop, with the top half of the bar and it went flying up and off to the side of the car. he had explained that without the brush bars holding the top of the bull bar hoops, the bar bends backwards and you end up with the antenna brackets pushed into the front of the bonnet.

I had a chance to see these in person a few weeks ago. They’re not your typical ARB jungle gym bolt-on variety. Much stouter. I could see them holding up to a moderate slide against a tree without acting as a damage multiplier.

Looks like some thought has gone into those. I bet they do protect the fenders. I thought of building something similar to support the arb bumper a bit in case of a impact. I'm worried about making my truck too different from the herd by adding lights and tubes though because I dont want to attract thieves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom