Real deal 62 Fj40 fst barn find! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am sick of the word barn find being abused, but this was indeed a barn find! Not sure of the direction this will go, definately can’t replicate the patina, would be a great candidate for a frame off resto, but I lean towards a mechanical redo and drive it.

I am sick of the word barn find being abused, but this was indeed a barn find! Not sure of the direction this will go, definately can’t replicate the patina, would be a great candidate for a frame off resto, but I lean towards a mechanical redo and drive it.
Yes indeed there are many options for this ol girl enjoy the planning process.

WOW what a time capsule, great find and congratulations!

I know every owner can do what they want with their rig, but if the polling is open......PRESERVATION, not restoration

Well if you do part it out there are few things I could use...😛

Incredible.

Somehow I can see patina, patina etc... I also see a complete restoration , all OEM as well as can be, and see the glory.

Saw this with my own 2 eyes on Monday evening. Very cool to see all the originality. If I didn't have 4 cruisers already.............:)!
My wife would kill me!

Wow! Nice nice nice find! Congrats. They still exist, unicorns. Mike

Evolution!
DDE0FDCE-18E8-4A3B-8F5B-1DD799EA2D4B.jpeg
E96A33B8-3FFA-46D7-BA3B-28ADE7BCC1C6.jpeg

John,

I have the carrier but need the hinges! Those faded red would be perfect!! Hint hint!

Nice. One of these would look good on that.View attachment 2014538

Both of these are too new. Not sure when the stud for the lock showed up but wasn't this early.

Here is a pic of the shifter and bracket, never seen one til now!View attachment 2014602View attachment 2014603View attachment 2014604

Can verify that is the correct PTO shifter. Sure I posted pictures of one a few years back. Someone wanted pictures of the correct shift lock.

Complete nut and bolt resto, spare no expense!!!! Do not delay!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!! I am just Kidding that one needs to be preserved just as it appears, it was a well kept tool on a working ranch and needs to represented exactly as the intended use!!!

Congratulations, enjoy very cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom