eBay Real deal 1997 locked Poverty Package on ebay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, I love the look of this rig. Price seems high for the miles but I guess some might pay more for the plain jane 80. For some reason I like the look of this rig more than any I've seen, just wished it had lower miles. I also think this is the best color on an 80.

Toyota: Land Cruiser 80 Series

wow, that is the holy grail.... triple locked true poverty pack. Looks like its in awesome shape too. I am sure it will fetch a high price tag.

I had no idea the true poverty pack was ever available on US soil, this may be an import from somewhere.

Thats a really cool cruiser. If Im not mistaken, the US FZJ80 came standard with fender flares. At least thats what it says in 95-96 dealer brochures. Leather Optional, moonroof Optional, third row seats Optional; roof rack, running boards, etc...Dealer or Port-Installed Accessories. But flares; Standard. According to TIS, the VIN for that truck shows that it came with the alloy wheels. Ive seen stripped US FZJ80s, with the steel wheels, and even they had fender flares. If I had to guess, that truck had alloys and flares but the holes were filled when it was repainted. I could be wrong of course, no matter. However, when looking up new fenders for an FZJ80 on some OEM parts sites, you can select with or without flares. BUT, when looking at rear quarter panels, there is no option for with or without the flare. Also worth noting, when you run the VIN for a fully optioned FZJ80 through TIS, Fender Flares are never listed, suggesting again they are standard and came on all of them. I still wonder if you could get an FZJ80 without flares in the US. FJ80s, yes, but FZJ80s, I just don't know.

wow, that is the holy grail.... triple locked true poverty pack. Looks like its in awesome shape too. I am sure it will fetch a high price tag.

I had no idea the true poverty pack was ever available on US soil, this may be an import from somewhere.
I'm thinking import also because of the design in the cloth seats. I've never seen one like that except on diesel 80s. Regardless, very cool cruiser

I asked the seller and he just confirmed, it did have flares and alloys originally. He said "I kept the fender flares off when I had it re-painted and I put the steel wheels on. It was always a US poverty pack and I made it a rest of the world poverty pack."

The wheels do not look like 80 steelies to me. A bit on the highside imo

Lol at that price.

I agree. I just sold my 93 that was built and had 168,000 for $15,900, can't see this one bringing close to the guys asking price. I may be wrong but I would think he would be lucky to get $14,000 - $15,000 and that still seems high to me. That being said, it's a great looking rig. I would go as far as saying it's one of the best looking 80's I've seen. I normally don't like flareless 80's but I like this one.

Holy drool.

Well I couldn't resist, I made an agreement with the owner and I'll be picking her up in Tulsa next week. I'm pumped, I was 15 when this rig hit the streets and I remember drooling over them then. It's going to make a great ranch and dog transport vehicle.

Now to decide which rock rails, roof rack, and rear bumper/tire carrier to go with?!

Truck will be at its new home here in south Texas on Tuesday. I already have a garage full of new toys for it and more on the way. I hope to have it all together in time to head out to Flagstaff for Expo West at the end of May.

Truck will be at its new home here in south Texas on Tuesday. I already have a garage full of new toys for it and more on the way. I hope to have it all together in time to head out to Flagstaff for Expo West at the end of May.
Make sure to post some pics, congrats to you for getting a great looking rig. I still have another 2 weeks before my 100 series will be here from Arizona, counting the days.

Thanks, I feel like it would be hard to find a cleaner and more unique rig to start a build from. I can't wait to make some memories in it.

Make sure to post some pics, congrats to you for getting a great looking rig. I still have another 2 weeks before my 100 series will be here from Arizona, counting the days.

Congrats on the 100 series! I love the 100 and 200's but I wish that they came with a solid front axle. I hate to admit it but I'm already looking ahead to a 100 or 200 series after seeing some of the amazing builds listed here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom