Ready or not, here I come. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes 1LoudLX, the 100 is in the driveway. I jacked it from the wife today because I wanted to drive it. I has some things I need to work through, including the 180K maintenance, etc. The CDL light is burned out (it works, I tested it) and I can't get the RDL to engage at all, so hopefully it is just being stubborn. I'm going to jack it up this weekend and play with it.

The antenna mast also needs to be replaced, and I just picked that up at the dealer. Is that a hard job? I haven't searched yet, but I was told it is easy, you take the nut off, remove the old one, feed the old one down, and have the motor wind it up, and whalla, you're done. Well see.

And then I have to change all the fluids, etc. I'll take some pictures in the next day or so. I love it so far, the ride is awesome (compared to my Tundra and FJ60).

Oh, and I'm ripping up all the s***ty fake wood trim. It is nasty.

fake trim = uggggly.

Yes, there are very detailed threads on how to repair your antenna.

Btw, what color is it? I can see it now, while you have it up on the jacks this weekend your going to tell your wife, oh it needs new shocks and springs. And by monday when she takes it, she will go, WHY IS IT SO HIGH? and you can just reply, oh they are all like that when the suspension is new, the old one was all worn out and unsafe.

Btw, what color is it? I can see it now, while you have it up on the jacks this weekend your going to tell your wife, oh it needs new shocks and springs. And by monday when she takes it, she will go, WHY IS IT SO HIGH? and you can just reply, oh they are all like that when the suspension is new, the old one was all worn out and unsafe.

Hey, that's a good one, I'll have to remember that...

:grinpimp:

I agree - enough so that I left my Water Pump in place when I replaced the timing belt at 89k. Pump had slight dried residue at weep hole. Pump still doing OK, at 105k. We'll see. Pump/seal life is probably affected by coolant condition, over service life. It will likely last longer if coolant changed every 30k, using distilled water in refill mix.)

Like you say, "we'll see". My original water pump is at 154k. The anti-freeze has been changed every 45k using the Toyota red and tap water. I'll use distilled next time. I do plan to change the water pump with the next timing belt change at 225k. If the pump fails first, obviously the timing belt will be changed early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom