Ready for the CA sun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I asked my brother-in-law (he owns a tent-making business in Oregon) to make up an awning for the 80. Telescoping aluminum poles let me angle the awning up for max shade, or down to let rain run off. Tent stakes and a few ties to the roof rack keep it pretty secure in a breeze. I'll test it out at Cruise Moab '04...come rain or shine :D

Cool,

where did you get those spindle covers on the Kaymar?

Nice truck! Looks alot like mine with bigger tires!

Spindle covers can be bot from MAF at 15$ apiece - thats where I got mine.

Junk...That's not a bad idea. Maybe some roll-up, staked sides that attach to the top surface with velcro. He could even put windows in 'em . If I did the 3 open sides, I'd essentially have a 3-season cabin-tent. I like it...
Mike, I don't care what anybody says about you...you ARE good for something!
(what that is, only your Momma would know :D )

[quote author=Boom7750 link=board=2;threadid=13371;start=msg124314#msg124314 date=1079799529]
you ARE good for something![/quote]
:flipoff2: :D

If you're using it for rain, then the sides would greatly help, even if it was only one side panel that you could put on whichever way the wind was blowing in the rain. Just thinking that rarely does it come straight down. If it's windy though, you may have issues, cause that's a big wind catcher ya got there. It would make it more complex, but you could get 2 more poles, drill small holes in each end, and attach them going from pole on your roof out to the poles away from the truck - one in the back and one in the front - that would stablize things a lot. Of course if it's windy, then you may end up playing a Dorothy, so don't forget yer shoes. :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom