Readers Rides, for pics and specs on your Toy(s). (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

87, 22r KDH, NC

7434BD6E-E3F4-4103-8E5A-419BD1A32050.jpeg

Here is my 92 4Runner SR5. I've had an '82 Shortbox P/U and an 89 Xtra Cab in the past. This has been my DD for 11 years. 22RE, LCE header, 5spd, 4.88s, spartan locker in the rear. Replaced the carpet with a rubber floor after I found a mouse living under my seat.

IMG_9466.jpg

Nice rides everyone! Here is my 85 factory turbo diesel 4x4. I got big plans for clean truck once i get my shop built.

Years ago, I saw a red version similar to that on I-77 in Ohio. I know U-Haul had the 2WD trucks with the dually rear, but the red one and yours are the only ones I've ever seen that were 4WD. Does the truck have any indication of being a conversion? Until I saw yours, I figured the other one I saw was a one-off someone did with a U-Haul dually axle and custom fender flares.

Nice rides everyone! Here is my 85 factory turbo diesel 4x4. I got big plans for clean truck once i get my shop built.

Really?! Just gonna drop a pic of pristine, rare, 4x4 dually on us... and not provide info, more pics? ;) Seriously, that is a very cool truck. I gotta see more.

Hi Folks, Here is my latest little project and figured I would share. Little old lady owned all its life, I bet $60k worth of receipts in maintenance over the last 31 years.. Just put new shows on it..
Older one with "Toyota" lettering on grille. :)

After driving an 80 series and a 2nd gen Surf some years ago (and having been a member on IH8M since then), i dabbled a bit in the wilderness of Nissan and Isuzu, but am back to having a Toyota, this time with another 2nd gen Surf. But instead of a 2.4TD manual SSR, this time it's a very original 3 litre 1KZ auto SSR-X Limited wide body. It's one of the last original examples I've ever seen here, has ostensibly never been off road. But plenty of neglected maintenance, old connectors and bulldust keep me busy, the eventual goal being to being this thing back to old glory

20210629_195645.jpg

1981 lwb
35inch km3’s on 8inch wheels
5.29 ratio
Ome 2 inch rears,stiff as heck without a little weight in the rear until they get a little broke in
Front springs are 4inch rear pro comp springs with overload taken out, they moved axle forward 11/2 to 2 inches,not sure on that one,did not measure it when I did it,
2 inch body lift
Gm 1 wire alternator
Crossover steering
Power steering is psc pump
Dual diaphragm brake booster
3row rad with electric fan,never hardly use the fan
5 speed trans and transfer case out of 87
FEA0E1D8-7CEB-4259-8F6B-E14BF991AC85.jpeg

290 lunati cam
Outlaw 38/38 weber
Propane kit by got propane
Header flowmaster 40
I built the light cage on gutter mounts,take it off when I don’t need it
I built the front and rear bumpers as you can tell,,not real happy with them but they will do for now, got a couple ideas on the next bumper build,more rounded on material and style, I believe
Propane tank is hid under tool box, with aluminum plate bolted in place to hide it
Bucket seats and hardware are cheapies off of eBay,they work
Winch is coming,going with warn,why not,the cheapies ain’t so cheap any more,and warn you can get parts for if needed
frame is coated with fluid film,inside and out,great protectant
Only bad rust is one spot on passenger side floor, but cut it out and fixed it,,
The bed is off a 2wd,and has rust bullet holes down the top edge,,which can b fixed but I stopped the rust and left it,,don’t know what I’m going to do with the paint yet,not really worried about it,
This is my daily driver,
The front springs are awesome,,can’t remember where I saw the thread about the rear 4inch pro comp springs up front,,but they are stiff enough where they ride great on the road ,no rolling ,but are as soft as independent suspension and a good amount of travel and flex like crazy,
This truck has a lot of sentimental value to me,it not only the truck I wanted back when they first come out,it also belonged to a good friend of mine that I coon hunted with in Mississippi
He actually had it parked beside his barn forever,he would not let me buy it,sitting just fading away
We had horses through the years,he was an older gentleman,he had gotten a saddle horse,needed to b broke, so I broke his horse to where he could ride it,,for the truck, I’m sure there is something about the truck that I have not mentioned,but there is a story behind it,,and I work on it and I have built it to what it is today,
And I don’t know why I got of the same pic in here twice,lol
FEA0E1D8-7CEB-4259-8F6B-E14BF991AC85.jpeg

I saw this 4X4 pick up from Nevada down at Surfside beach in Texas yesterday and had to take some pictures to share. Lots of bamboo trim and other nautical details all around along with a creative multilevel camper and storage system made it 'one of a kind' to say the least. However, a couple planter boxes filled with dirt, live plants and flowers definitely put this build over the top. Then there was the treasure chest setting on the cargo rack under the bike. The owner was out SUP boarding, and some bad weather moved in before they got back to the truck, so I didn't have a chance to get any details, but a way cool ride to admire. If anyone knows more details on it, let us know.

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0480.JPG

Assuming original trim ... 1986.

92 sas 171k
87 sas 3.4 swap 190k, locked, 37x14,
92 sway bars, built springs, 800 lb feeder, 232k

And my 77 F150

20220112_163924.jpg

20210927_104710.jpg

20210604_171954.jpg

Screenshot_20210604-171903_Photos.jpg

Ive been in the land cruiser world but now branched out into this one.. i have been wanting a solid axle pickup for a very long time and finally picked one up..

The previous owner used this pretty much for offroad use only so i plan on making it more user friendly.. some specs, built and locked axles front and rear, fresh 22re, duel tcase, 5.29s and 37s.. lots of other stuff..

I plan on getting rid of the 37s and go to 35s. The 37s were added for the sale but rub on the leafs too much and probably on the body as well.

20220110_154155.jpg

20220110_154547.jpg

Ive been in the land cruiser world but now branched out into this one.. i have been wanting a solid axle pickup for a very long time and finally picked one up..

The previous owner used this pretty much for offroad use only so i plan on making it more user friendly.. some specs, built and locked axles front and rear, fresh 22re, duel tcase, 5.29s and 37s.. lots of other stuff..

I plan on getting rid of the 37s and go to 35s. The 37s were added for the sale but rub on the leafs too much and probably on the body as well.

View attachment 2903981
View attachment 2903982
3.0 liter? I wouldn’t want to think about that motor pushing 37s over. Nice truck though. Who did the SAS?

I think that the 3.0L gets a lot of undeserved flack. Mine's not a hot-rod, but it's not the slouch that posts here would suggest.

BTW, he noted that it's a 22RE.

FWIW I think that the move to 35's is an excellent one. I wish that I could find a narrow (<12" Section width) 35" tall tire in an A/T type of tread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom