Rea Time Lobe Placement Intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of putting my head back together and Im having as issue with the Intake Cam Shaft. FSM states that at 25 degrees the 1st and 4th lobe should face downward. In my case their facing up and too the side. What could be the issue?

Last edited:
i just took them out today. what the fsm says not to quote is that those lobes should be pressing on cam follwer the same amount. so the material on the lobe rideing on the shiny disk should be the same thickness. ie if you look at the lobe 50% of the lobe is circular like 1/4" thick. with 50% peaked/lobular. you want the circular / 1/4" part to be in contact with the shiny disk/ cam follower.

sorry my adjatives aren't spot on.

a little up and to the side were how my lobes were pointed on disasembly.

Enter,

A little more info here. Are the shafts bolted down and you're noticing the orientation is amiss? Or are you about to bolt them down and are unclear on how to orient to start this process?

Be very clear about the "one dot" and "two dot" marks on the back of the cam gears. These are your guides. Also, the exhaust and intake shafts have different cam lobes used for reference - be sure you're reading the FSM right as to which cam they're referring to.

Whatever you do, don't get frustrated and just start bolting it down. Bad things can happen. If you want, you can PM me your phone number and I may shed some light for ya. Like now before my wife and kids come home..

DougM

Thank you so much for your help. I'll PM you my number,

Enter,

A little more info here. Are the shafts bolted down and you're noticing the orientation is amiss? Or are you about to bolt them down and are unclear on how to orient to start this process?

Be very clear about the "one dot" and "two dot" marks on the back of the cam gears. These are your guides. Also, the exhaust and intake shafts have different cam lobes used for reference - be sure you're reading the FSM right as to which cam they're referring to.

Whatever you do, don't get frustrated and just start bolting it down. Bad things can happen. If you want, you can PM me your phone number and I may shed some light for ya. Like now before my wife and kids come home..

DougM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom