Re-smogging resource (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I hate to say this, but with those headers, you're really really gonna have a hard time.... You're gonna need a stock exhaust manifold to pass visual.

At this point, I would scour Craig's list for a junked FJ60 (or bone yard) to try and find everything at once....
The header was the first thing I noticed, I have a line on a stock one out of CO for $280 shipped, unless someone has a better deal they know of?

Tough task, and as Spike pointed out...Headers are a visual fail! Is the cat still in place?

If it's not your daily driver, do you know anyone out of state where you could register it and keep it?
;);););););)😉😉😉😉😉😜
That would be great, or a “really cool” smog guy...

Check those links... Guy in Orange County. Willing to sell peripherals separately. He even has the downpipe which you WILL NEED.

Looks like pretty much everything, far as I can see ...

Yes, you have the emissions computer. That will help.

The header might give you some grief. I have passed smog with non-CARB certified headers on my 80s Corolla (in the SF Bay area).
I found this: Parts Locator Service
My recommendation would be to try and find the factory headers, but try that if you can't find some reasonably

Lots missing, but it could be worse. The HAC is there and the air cleaner looks ok, the egr connection to the intake didn’t get hacked off.

Here you go!

Buy this ASAP.

Lots missing, but it could be worse. The HAC is there and the air cleaner looks ok, the egr connection to the intake didn’t get hacked off.

Buy this ASAP.
I already emailed him about his parts and am waiting to hear back.

@Whoops try to get a deal set up from him and if you need me to pick it up I can.
And somehow ship it out or he can.
Good luck!
Excellent! I only know one person in the area and they wouldn’t be my first choice for anything auto (wife’s friend). I really appreciate everyone’s input. I sent a message to the guy with the parts to work out a deal. Just to be clear, you’re all suggesting I get his parts, not the full engine, correct?

Excellent! I only know one person in the area and they wouldn’t be my first choice for anything auto (wife’s friend). I really appreciate everyone’s input. I sent a message to the guy with the parts to work out a deal. Just to be clear, you’re all suggesting I get his parts, not the full engine, correct?

Get the full engine and all parts. You’ll need to be very patient to get the air rail off the cylinder head. Also the EGR and cooler...

X2 on buy the whole darned thing. That's a great price for all those bits, and you'll pull piece-parts off that engine for sure. I have a 60 in NorCal (El Dorado Cty) and am grabbing parts from my stash all the time.

If you've got somewhere to store it, I'd get it all.

Any updates on this?
I’ve emailed the guy with the engine in LA three times and no response. Unless I’m just totally missing an alternative means of contacting him. I’m also almost finished (I think) with an initial list of missing parts. I just wish the rest of my life would stop getting in the way. I actually drove it to work today with all my diagrams and notes so I can work on it during my lunch break.

@Whoops he replied back to me. here is his number if he hasn’t already replied back to you.
Good luck
714-915-8121

Just spoke with him a few minutes ago and this could work out really well. Between my three leads (two through this forum) I am beginning to feel pretty optimistic about this project.

As long as you can find the air injectors and air rail, the rest is easier to locate.

I have a big box of emissions stuff in my garage from when I had to get my rig smog-legal. I can spread it all out and take a pic for you and see if you need any of it after you source that other engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom