re Lift and undoing a lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone, first time posting on the forum.

I have a question, just bought my first LC, is a 1994 land cruiser triple lock w/ 141k original miles, and it came with a brand new lift kit installed by the previous owner, with a 3.5 inches in the front (which has a brand new AOE 4x4 front bumper) and 4 inches in the back with brand new 37x12.50 R17 Milestar Patagonia tires on Raceline monster beadlocks.

The lift is to high for my preference. I would prefer a lift of 2-2.5 inches, with 33 or 35 inch tires.

So my questions is, can I lower the LC to 2-2.5 inches from its current lift (3.5-4 inches) by just changing the coil springs and use the shocks installed, or do I need to buy a whole new coils and shocks kit to lower to 2-2.5 inches.

By the way, the current 3.5-4 inches lift kit is OME 850/861j springs with bilstein 5100 shocks.

If I only need to change the coil spring, that will save me some money.

You help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi everyone, first time posting on the forum.

I have a question, just bought my first LC, is a 1994 land cruiser triple lock w/ 141k original miles, and it came with a brand new lift kit installed by the previous owner, with a 3.5 inches in the front (which has a brand new AOE 4x4 front bumper) and 4 inches in the back with brand new 37x12.50 R17 Milestar Patagonia tires on Raceline monster beadlocks.

The lift is to high for my preference. I would prefer a lift of 2-2.5 inches, with 33 or 35 inch tires.

So my questions is, can I lower the LC to 2-2.5 inches from its current lift (3.5-4 inches) by just changing the coil springs and use the shocks installed, or do I need to buy a whole new coils and shocks kit to lower to 2-2.5 inches.

By the way, the current 3.5-4 inches lift kit is OME 850/861j springs with bilstein 5100 shocks.

If I only need to change the coil spring, that will save me some money.

You help will be much appreciated. Thank you.
Should be no problem to just change the coils and keep the current shocks. When selecting coils pay attention to spring rates so that you get the right springrate for your needs (load capacity etc). Some of the shorter 2-2.5" coils have lighter spring rates and may not handle as well as you'd like and they might sag in the rear when you load the truck.

IMO, after running lifts from 2" up to 6" and everything in between over the past twenty years of driving an 80, I think that a 3" lift and 35's is the sweet spot for a rig that can tackle serious wheeling but still gets driven on the road a lot.

I would find a local LC club and see if anyone has a lift height you like and would swap lift kits. If you’re new to cruisers that club member may be able to help with the swap and if caster correction is involved they may have more experience with the plates/bushings/ etc and any other components that may be involved. You may even be able to get some money back depending on what’s included in your lift.

Should be no problem to just change the coils and keep the current shocks. When selecting coils pay attention to spring rates so that you get the right springrate for your needs (load capacity etc). Some of the shorter 2-2.5" coils have lighter spring rates and may not handle as well as you'd like and they might sag in the rear when you load the truck.

IMO, after running lifts from 2" up to 6" and everything in between over the past twenty years of driving an 80, I think that a 3" lift and 35's is the sweet spot for a rig that can tackle serious wheeling but still gets driven on the road a lot.
Thank you, much appreciated!

Thank you, much appreciated!

I would find a local LC club and see if anyone has a lift height you like and would swap lift kits. If you’re new to cruisers that club member may be able to help with the swap and if caster correction is involved they may have more experience with the plates/bushings/ etc and any other components that may be involved. You may even be able to get some money back depending on what’s included in your lift.
Thank you for your suggestion. Will, check Facebook for any local LC club in my area. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom