Re-installing a dash mounted ignition switch with a Painless harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good morning, hope it has been a good week so far.

I hacked in a toggle switch based ignition set up for the adventure last year and since then ordered a generic GM/Universal Painless wiring harness. The only GM specific thing about the harness is that it had some pre-made plugs for a GM old style sliding rod ignition switch but I've decided to go back to a dash mounted switch like the '66 model year would have had.

Hoping to get some feedback on if I should just order the Toyota dash mounted switch or if any generic one recommended. Generic ones are about $50 less but not wanting to make a bad decision just to save $50....

Any specific dash mounted switch or related recommendations?

Thanks@

Good morning, hope it has been a good week so far.

I hacked in a toggle switch based ignition set up for the adventure last year and since then ordered a generic GM/Universal Painless wiring harness. The only GM specific thing about the harness is that it had some pre-made plugs for a GM old style sliding rod ignition switch but I've decided to go back to a dash mounted switch like the '66 model year would have had.

Hoping to get some feedback on if I should just order the Toyota dash mounted switch or if any generic one recommended. Generic ones are about $50 less but not wanting to make a bad decision just to save $50....

Any specific dash mounted switch or related recommendations?

Thanks@

Yes

Only a OEM Toyota parts one like shown here :

1603351472393.png

1603351487177.png

Thank you for the reply and link.

with my Sevvice spec. connector color code tracer stripe wires , you can simply follow the factory FSM EWD and make your connections the safe right way the first time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom