OEM Factory Key Code Cutting Service & Re-Coding & Re-Keying 80 Series Ignition Lock Cylinder , Lock and Key Tech. (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaMatt

Factory Focus-Point Mind-Set Approach
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
vintageteqparts.com
Re-Coding & Re-Keying a 80 Series Ignition Lock Cylinder

This is my Small Business Store Front Location here on MUD ,

Please Take Look-See to Gauge Whats what , Im Expanding My
Vintage TOYOTA ONLY

Very Traditional , and Period Correct Style Approach Lock-Smith Shop Practice

1 Generation / Body style / Model Newer

to Now Offer Service the
TR-40 Key Style Type , 90/01 - 98/01 80 Series Land Cruisers

Lock+ KeY Re-Coding & Re-Keying Repair

please as always , feel free to send me a PM ....

DSCN1031.JPG

DSCN9792.JPG

DSCN9794 - Copy.JPG

s-l16001.jpg

8CB14712-072C-42BD-A496-586B2448A53A.jpeg

Last edited:

First we Always start out with OEM Toyota parts when ever and where ever possible ........

- Aftermarket brand TOYOTA Lock's from say NAPA or You Local Lock Smith Shop or Ebay South East ASIA stuff simply suck's , Period

- Don't waist your hard earned money on Rubbish ......

- So do ANY hardware style Keys from Home depot or any Locksmith shop , = " Trash " !

- OEM TOYOTA FJ80 Key Blanks are made form SOLID NICKLE Alloy , NOT cheezy Yellow Brass

- next we remove the face cap using a TOYOTA SST Tool

- Then Remove ALL old tumblers and Then insert the New Correct ones

- there are 6 sizes or CODES

DSCN0723.JPG
DSCN0725.JPG
DSCN0727.JPG
DSCN0728.JPG
DSCN0735.JPG

Last edited:
-

- NOTE: the new ones OEM TOYOTA are color coded

- Tools Required To Re-Key / Re-Code Lock Cylinder

- I then Apply Lock-Smith Grease to the Entire new Assy , them re-assemble the Cylinder Bore
into the Lock Cylinder Housing .....

DSCN0736.JPG
DSCN0738.JPG
DSCN0740.JPG
DSCN0741.JPG

90999-00163  #7.png

Finished Product with a new Set Of OEM Machine Cut Code Keys ,

CUT on my Personal Shop owned Former Dealership SST Computerized Cutting Machine

I can
Code Cut ANY Factory Toyota Key Code on any 80 Series USA Spec. Land Cruiser OEM Key Blank

and Most NoN-USA ones as well :)

DSCN0724.JPG
DSCN8579 - Copy.JPG
DSCN8580.JPG

1.3.JPG

Last edited:
Nice write up, thanks for sharing the information. One quick question, if a mud member wants to have an extra key cut by you, what would that cost?

Last edited:
Nice write up, thanks for sharing the information. One quick question, if a mud member whats to have an extra key cut by you, what would that cost?

YEs , i offer key Code SST cutting Service

Keys are Cut Using My Former Dealership SST Digital Computerized Code Cutting Machine

Please see ALL the links Below

There are Now 4 Different and Unique FJ80 KeY Styles Available 💫

Last edited:
Do you have the ability to offer the same range of services for the LX450 key style?

Do you have the ability to offer the same range of services for the LX450 key style?

hi , matt here

If the LX450 uses a TR-40 or TR-47 key type blank like shown above , ..........

Then YES :)

PM me a photos of your master key , so i can read the profile and Gauge Key Type

i almost certain , that LEXUS was same in 91-98

i also have ALL , Up to date LEXUS Code Software for the 1990's as well , so i should be good

do you have your LEXUS Key Code , PM that as well too

Kinldy , Matt

maybe ..............

The LX450 keys are not the same as Land Cruiser keys. I was not able to get my keys cut at a Toyota dealer. I had to go to Lexus, and it was a PITA.

@mingles

is this what you have ? @

maybe @Onur can shed some light on this topic ? :)

SAM_1264.jpg

thats a Profile Cut key ,

My code cutting SST machine , doe's Not cut Profile Keys

sorry

I had called around to several local Toyota dealers to try and get this key cut. No one seemed to be able to do it. However IME no dealer really knows what the hell they're doing anyway. I had to explain to the parts counter guy at Lexus that my LX450 was made by Toyota.

Yes. That is the LX450 style I have. To my knowledge, all LX450s, at least in the US, have that internal cut style.

I have also had a PIA experience, even at a Lexus dealer, trying to get one cut.

is this what you ran into at your Local Lexus Parts Dept. ?

DSC0156.jpg

Can you cut from the VIN, or do you need the key code? I didn't get a master key when I got mine.
Thanks!

I had called around to several local Toyota dealers to try and get this key cut. No one seemed to be able to do it.

HDJ81's use the same key as LX450's. I was able to get spare keys cut at a local lock and safe company and they worked fine. However, at the time sourcing an OEM blank would have required re-keying the entire truck which was $600 from Japan vs $25. YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom