Re badge Lexus GX460 to Toyota (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DSC_0678.JPG
DSC_0680.JPG

Front Badge 2005-2011 Land Cruiser 90975-02076. You have. to remove one of the pins. Badge is about $20 on eBay

Rear Badge 2007-2009 Camry Grill Emblem. 75311-06060. Remove black plastic mount from emblem, pins line up perfectly. About $20 on ebay
DSC_0674.JPG

Lol, yeah me too.

But I think I will wait until the warranty is out before I do it, in case I have to take it to the dealer.

Lol, yeah me too.

But I think I will wait until the warranty is out before I do it, in case I have to take it to the dealer.
Magnusson Moss act. I highly doubt a badge swap is going to be to blame if a transmission or something goes out.

Magnusson Moss act. I highly doubt a badge swap is going to be to blame if a transmission or something goes out.
I know, I was kidding... mostly. I don't have a lot of respect for dealers in general.

My measurements below:

The rear measures 6" by 4 1/8

The front 6 5/8 by 4 3/4

They are held on by a flexable adhesive, if you are gentle you will be able to put your old emblems back on when you sell, new moulding tape is recommended.

The Prado and Land Cruiser emblems are just held on by flexible adhesive, they don't have any pins. The pins are just locating pins, they are not attached to the car so you can remove them if you need to . I was very pleased the rear lined up with the pin holes on the car.

I've done the same on my 2010 for a few reasons. First, I work in the public sector and there are some petty coworkers who are very sensitive about who's getting paid what kind of salary. If I pulled up in a Lexus then I'd have a big target on my back. Once we considered a PT Cruiser for a department work vehicle and the big boss quickly shot down the idea saying a PT Cruiser was way too flashy and would look bad to the public, hahaha. So a Lexus in the parking lot would be frowned upon. I also leave the vehicle parked at trailheads, often overnight, on a very frequent basis and I'm trying to stay more low key to discourage break-ins. And finally, I put on 4Runner wheels so I thought I might as well complete the look :). Most everyone thinks it's an older 4runner or Highlander, a couple people have called it a Land Cruiser.

gx.JPG

Front Badge 2005-2011 Land Cruiser 90975-02076. You have. to remove one of the pins. Badge is about $20 on eBay

Rear Badge 2007-2009 Camry Grill Emblem. 75311-06060. Remove black plastic mount from emblem, pins line up perfectly. About $20 on ebay
I've ordered the badges, thanks for the part numbers... nothing to see here, just a really plush Toyota lol.

Looks awesome! I've been wanting to do the same as a Lexus doesn't fit in in my neighborhood either, but also to confuse people haha. Do you think these same emblems would fit on a 2012?

2010-2013 should be a no-brainer. I suspect these will fit all years of 460’s.

I know, I was kidding... mostly. I don't have a lot of respect for dealers in general.
I am highly dubious of dealers. I will go to them for very few things and only when my own certified mechanic can't do it.
When I do need a dealer, I work them. When I had to purchase a new resonator, I worked them on the price telling them that I was active military and that I saw the same product quite a bit cheaper online. If I remember correctly, they took off over a hundred dollars of their price.

I was walking through my parking lot at work this morning and saw a new Highlander Hybrid, and remembered the Toyota badge on the Hybrids is different. I think it would be pretty funny to put the the Hybrid Toyota badges on my rig, especially after it's lifted on 33s. Most people probably wouldn't notice, but for the few that do would probably find it hilarious! I might look into this.

Just use dental floss or fishing line to get behind the adhesive tape. Your old emblem should be able to be re used without any damage.

The pins are just locating pins, no clips. The residue from the old tape comes off really easily.

Great project - I'm a believer. Thanks for the part numbers. I put a Land Cruiser 200 rear Toyota badge on and it's a bit too small - so I like your Camry solution.

1620956515471.png

Just use dental floss or fishing line to get behind the adhesive tape. Your old emblem should be able to be re used without any damage.

The pins are just locating pins, no clips. The residue from the old tape comes off really easily.
Are you the owner of the donut shop in Sedona ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom