Re Arching springs question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure if this makes sense but I have had my lift on for a few years and as everybodys does, it has sagged with the addition of weight. Im gonna be adding a 4x4labs bumper so I have decided to get the long add a leafs and wanting to rearch my springs. I called a local spring shop that will do it and they wanted to know how much I wanted them arched? Well it was a 3" lift and I figure they have lost about 1". So do I just tell them re arch 1"? I dont know the specifics of re arching but Im assuming thats all I could do right? Just dont want to mess anything up. What do you think?

Don't have personal experience with re-arching the springs, but I have heard it does not last. If you are putting AAL's on you may get some of the lift back. I put AAL's on my worn out stock springs, and got 2 1/2" inches back. Also, AAL's are relatively cheap, at least compared to a re-arch quote that I once got--$500.

if you are going to re-arch then the cheapest thing is to have the spring shop add a leaf while they are re-arching. I would just tell them you want to lift the truck about 2 inches. It will sink a little. Another choice is to add to the shackle lenght. Mine settled after a year and I added a 1 1/2 to the shackles. Easiest and least expensive.

I've been researching the same thing for my 85 , with re-arch from a local spring shop. was told the same thing by 2 different people. they will last if adding a leaf. was priced about $150 a set if i bring them in. still have to get my own bushing etc.

the spring guy says they arch them the same way they are done at the factory, so why wouldn't they last like the factory springs. at least that is what this shop does. i thought the price was pretty good.

I added one leaf in the front and 2 in the rear. The rear settled about an inch more than the front over the next year. I then added a longer shackle in the rear and it has been fine for several years now. I have had no problems and would do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom