RCV Axles: Anyone Have Experience? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

im going to have stellar built do the install in sac. Just waiting on the rcv front flange kit. I have everything elsefinally.
Can you check the length of dowel pins that came with your rear axle set. The ones in my set are 15mm or 5/8"
Thanks Broski

Can you check the length of dowel pins that came with your rear axle set. The ones in my set are 15mm or 5/8"
Thanks Broski

Sound about right, I measure .75/ in.

I would open the bag to take pics but I think the shop is already going to have a hard enough time keeping track of these boxes of parts.

Sound about right, I measure .75/ in.

I would open the bag to take pics but I think the shop is already going to have a hard enough time keeping track of these boxes of parts.
It seems to short to me, I was thinking they sent the wrong ones but you seem to have the same ones. Hears a pik stock next to RCV. I well be calling them.
1596396380391.png

Last edited:
I misspoke there. Both the HF2A and HF2AV are full time 4wd, one has the VC and one doesn't. I have both and haven't decided which to use in my build.
I think you might have already figured this out. But the VC does not make it full time or part time. I dont think VC or no VC is a big deal. But if you were part time I would run the softer stronger axles in heartbeat. My truck is part time now but I have been doing less wheeling and more traveling. So unless I need to replace birfields I wont spend the money on aftermarket ones. But if I had a set it would be nice.

In hind sight I dont really think the cost of going part time was worth it to me. But it does let you get creative in a build. If i wanted to do a big lift i wouldn't have to worry about front drive line vibe. Also i just replaced spindles. If my old ones were still good i wouldn't care about the bushing vs needle bearings. But mostly I can run any birfield /axle I want and not really care about wear from milage.

I think you might have already figured this out. But the VC does not make it full time or part time. I dont think VC or no VC is a big deal. But if you were part time I would run the softer stronger axles in heartbeat. My truck is part time now but I have been doing less wheeling and more traveling. So unless I need to replace birfields I wont spend the money on aftermarket ones. But if I had a set it would be nice.

In hind sight I dont really think the cost of going part time was worth it to me. But it does let you get creative in a build. If i wanted to do a big lift i wouldn't have to worry about front drive line vibe. Also i just replaced spindles. If my old ones were still good i wouldn't care about the bushing vs needle bearings. But mostly I can run any birfield /axle I want and not really care about wear from milage.
RCV approves their shafts for AWD with the suggestion to grease the birfs through the zerk fitting they put in the outer end of the shaft every oil change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom