Razor One's Pink Panty Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Build thread for my LX 450
(Updated 8/14/15)

Completed Modifications:

315/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Kenwood DDX471HD
Off-Road Steel Front Bumper
Limo Tint
Viper Keyless Entry and Remote Start
Land Cruiser Center Console
OME 2.5" Heavy lift front/Medium lift rear
Rigid Industries SR-Series 20" combo

Future Modifications:

High Clearance Rear Bumper
Monsta-line exterior
Re-gear
ARB Lockers

I bought my pink panties after my 4runner was totaled. I didn't take many pictures before I started the modifications, but it's an unlocked 1997 Lexus LX450, and was bone stock when I purchased.

This is the earliest photo I have of it.

520A8AF8-1201-4CEA-9F86-74CCDB1142EA_zpsgn38upxa.jpg

I had Best Buy install my keyless entry almost immediately after purchasing. I installed the radio and center console myself. Tint was installed around this time, too.

B29C3D8E-9AE8-4355-9AE9-611CD1A4C2C1_zps9o5rdlet.jpg

Retrofit LC center console

D4B583CA-18E2-4DD4-A105-55B7AB8B0FE1_zpsbsow7cs0.jpg

A27FB837-D92C-41BC-AA56-95421055046A_zpsebrzjvfe.jpg

I uninstalled the factory subwoofer, 6-disc CD changer, amplifier, and radio.

8C202C26-E5C3-4AF3-9DB5-F675CE01B849_zpst2nyligw.jpg

673954A0-E280-44C4-98BC-E58CB5D23251_zpsam2jcfzt.jpg

890A4C05-A096-43D7-BB74-143CDF6D603E_zps3jqx53tj.jpg

I replaced all 4 brake calipers, rotors, and pads when I noticed the brake system had been neglected.

3CF9CE82-71F4-4B75-A186-162A8AF1B4ED_zpsoyoyt5k4.jpg

0A1F390C-9DE1-4A54-876E-4F4B68C84564_zpsyihkunnd.jpg

I learned how to weld, and then built my front bumper. In the tools and fabrication section, I have a thread started for my armor, so you can see my progress.

CAC579D2-9ED4-42D4-ACFD-0B8EBBD10D21_zpsczvkalhz.jpg

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412557742.730282.jpg

While working on my bumper, I upgraded from the stock tire size and bought 315/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1412557780.114499.jpg

I have my OME heavy lift sitting in boxes. I can't put it on until my rear bumper is built. this is how it sits as of 10/5/2014

AA431ECD-2AFC-4BA3-9421-92BD0FBC531E_zpsiicef9fq.jpg

Last edited:
I live at sea level, and they turn 'em just fine. I don't feel the need to re-gear, I just want more power!

Looking good!

Thanks! I wish it would stay that way, but all over the vehicle I'm seeing tiny specks where it looks like the paint itself is rusting. It's time for Monsta-liner.

Rail dust is commonly described as that. A good clay bar and wax should take it out... Now, I'm unsure if rail dust is common a vehicle this old. Maybe a good google will help determine...

Rig looks nice btw

Rail dust is commonly described as that. A good clay bar and wax should take it out... Now, I'm unsure if rail dust is common a vehicle this old. Maybe a good google will help determine...

Rig looks nice btw
Funny you mention that. I had my truck shipped open trailer from CO to OR. It showed up looking like a rust bucket. Speckled crap rusty looking. Hours and hours later with a clay block and good re-wax good as new.

Stock suspension on 315's looks bad ass. Too bad it would probably rub like the dickens if you wheeled it, otherwise, I would keep it that way :eek:

I have some bad news. The bed liner isn't sticking to the bumper. With a fingernail, you can peel it right off. It's going to need a new coat and possibly a primer. I really like black, but I'd like to see what flat dark earth looks like before I take the bed liner off to re-coat it. I'll probably just hit the front with some camo tan spray paint and throw it on long enough to snap a few pictures.

Did you prime the bumper before applying the Bedliner? They typically need to bond to painted surfaces, not bare metal.

It said paint and primer in one. I'm going to use a self etching primer this time, and see how it goes.

Update:

So I've contacted Slee about returning my heavy springs and getting mediums since my bumpers aren't going to be that heavy. I don't want to go any higher than I have to for 35s.

I'm also looking into extending the wheelbase slightly, moving the rear axle further back so I have more to cut when I go 37's. Any direction would be much appreciated. I don't know what parts I would need to move the rear axle an inch or two back, and there doesn't seem to be any threads on it.

make your own links is the only solution that comes to mind. 2" is kind of a lot, and may require a re-configuring of the panhard and upper spring perches?

New longer rear links, then build the uppers to suit your pinion angle more or less. I'm not sure how far you can go back without relocating coil pads. Probably panhard too. I'm in agreement ^ I don't know how well you can relocate the upper spring perches either. You might get away with an inch without touching much but the links but just have to get under there and see. Make some mock-up links and see what happens.

I need to get under there and check. I could probably fab up new spring perches if it's not too much work. If it is, I'm looking at maybe an inch?

So longer rear sway bar links, pan-hard, UCA's... anything else? I really only need enough room to fit 37's with a medium lift. I'll cut to fit them, I'm just limited by the passenger rear doors. If 35's fit with a medium lift no problem, 37's are 2 inches in diameter longer, so an inch longer in radius. An inch should work... in theory.

I'll be right back. I'm going to check it out. Hold my beer.

Razor one. Great looking truck !

I've got OEM UCA & LCA's plus OEM f & r pahards you could sleeve and/or put adjusters into

And OME springs - 850j/863

Love to find it all a local home..... PM me if you've got any interest

E

I have the heavy/medium rear on my lx450. It sits pretty level and rides great. Looks right with the 315's. My truck runs well, and in TN the 35" tires don't slow my rig down much at all (not that it was fast anyway...) I always want a bit more clearance when I go wheeling tho... I'm either going to add 1" spacer all around or go to J's front/heavy rear. Anyone want to trade OME springs/shocks combo, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom