Rausch Creek: Weekend of December 1st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had a great time with everybody on this trip, even "Jimmy the truck driver who was getting an unplanned engine rebuild on his semi and had to spend about a week at our hotel, and only had one set of clothes, and wore his safety yellow jacket at all times, even inside, and loved to talk more than I do during my happy moments, and who I thought was part of our group when I met him Friday morning hanging out at our trucks talking to Tim so I just acted like he knew who the hell I was talking about when I mentioned people or trucks". You know...Jimmy.

One of my favorite moments was Nick finally asking to take me up on my offer of letting him drive my 80. Turns out there was only about 50 feet of trail left...and he stuck it pretty much immediately! He still smiled the entire time, even when apologizing for 'breaking my truck' while it was hung up in the rocks.
Thanks again for letting me pilot your awesome rig briefly. You made it look too easy in your 80. Guess it does take technique to not get stuck- even with only 50 ft of trail left. I had a blast and Ill plan to make it out next time.

@Cass007 best thing about being towards the back of the pack is knowing where I can blast through puddles!

Another favorite moment:

11:30pm. I back into a parking space at the hotel, next to an armored GX that was already parked nose in and assumed to be empty. I open my door to get out and -surprise!- the GX driver window comes down and the driver (a complete stranger holding a beer and a cigarette) says "Hey man, open the back door and get in". Me being an idiot who just doesn't care anymore, I do. I close the door then realize there's another guy in the front passenger seat. Oh hell, this is gonna be a fun trip!

Only later did I realize just how scared I should have been - later being when I saw the WEST VA license plate!

NEW YORK? Yeah, they'll just kill you. WV? They'll play with you first.

Last edited:
Another favorite moment:

11:30pm. I back into a parking space at the hotel, next to an armored GX that was already parked nose in and assumed to be empty. I open my door to get out and -surprise!- the GX driver window comes down and the driver (a complete stranger holding a beer and a cigarette) says "Hey man, open the back door and get in". .

I need more. It sounds like there is WAY MORE to this story!

I need more. It sounds like there is WAY MORE to this story!
I don’t think so. That was kind of the end of the night. He gave me some aspirin for a headache I didn’t have and I slept like a baby after taking it. And by baby I mean naked, screaming and covered in my own filth. At least I hope it was my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom