Rausch Creek: Weekend of December 1st (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A great day ... met a bunch of new people and had fun on the trails. I got my first Andy ish experience of bringing up the rear. Not many pics and the ones I do have are almost all @JohnVee. Got to the first washout obstacle and I follow the same line everyone else took. Onur comes walking back and says something like "I better not see you take another pu$$y line the rest of the day." Understood LOL.

Was truly impressive to see @PRADO3 in his stock truck handle obstacles with no real damage or issues. Came away muddy with some pinstripes for trail cred, but even the mudflaps stayed intact.

View attachment 1844779 View attachment 1844780 View attachment 1844781 View attachment 1844782
Thanks to everyone who helped us navigate a couple hairy spots. Could not have made it out with no damage otherwise. I was very impressed with the truck in stock form to say the least. That being said- the lift is in the mail!

Nick actually rode most of the trails with his helpers spotting from the sunroof! GX's are roomier inside than they look.

IMG_4972.jpg

Day #1.
It didn't take long for a failure so epic that the camera couldn't even cover the whole thing.

"The legend lives on from the Rausch Creekers on down
2 wheel drive Pacer's getting a tugging." (bonus points if you can name the song I'm using here)
IMG_4818.jpg

Gary continuing to walk us down the first real obstacle. He made me make it look easy, even though my brakes sounded like they were bowing the lowest cello note for half of it.
IMG_4821.jpg

I think Onur claimed responsibility for this one...? My only damage for the weekend, thanks to a tree at the bottom of the descent above and below.
IMG_4836 (1).jpg

Yep, right about here is where the cello serenade started.
IMG_4933.jpg

@CatskillsRunner attempting to steam clean the 100.
IMG_4845.jpg

Day #1.

Only two people played. Onur lost. Note the light colored rocks center bottom of the shot.
IMG_4854.jpg

I couldn't pass up taking a full stuff selfie.
IMG_4894.jpg

The Swisher Sweets dispensary.
IMG_4890.jpg

I won. Note the rocks again. Granted, the ruts and the gods of not enough clearance actually won.
IMG_4861.jpg

Random cesspool that I managed to NOT fall into.
IMG_4899.jpg

Day #1.

Onur leads the way.
IMG_4903.jpg

I need to remember to wipe the headlights before leaving the restaurant in the dark next time.
IMG_4909.jpg

@landwagon showing his bottom.
IMG_4912.jpg

Tim gives a ride to The Backseat Strangler.
IMG_4917.jpg

Doing what it was meant to do!
IMG_4908.jpg

Last edited:
Day #1.

Pre-dinner grub and glug at O'Neal's Pub.
IMG_4928.jpg

Tim enjoyed getting fudged.
IMG_4935.jpg

Just a pic for reference of the angle. There was a nice muddy 90-degree left at the bottom of this hill. Then came that damned Time Waster Rock. Yeah, I know this pic is out of sequence.
IMG_4921.jpg

Day #2.

We decided to start Day 2 with a trip to the mall.
IMG_4947.jpg

Tim didn't have to look like an idiot just to point to his right... Couldn't have hurt, though.
IMG_4965.jpg

Seriously, dude. Shortcut to the mall.
IMG_4985.jpg

Three wheeler.
IMG_4998.jpg

The end of Day #2. Actually, just the end of my photo efforts for the day. We dropped Nick's GX off at the parking lot and his wife and him rode shotgun in other trucks for the harder stuff.

IMG_5042.jpg

IMG_5036.jpg

I'm paranoid. And afraid of fire. Damn right I made sure the flammable ground cover was well below the cats!
IMG_5046.jpg

Last edited:
I had a great time with everybody on this trip, even "Jimmy the truck driver who was getting an unplanned engine rebuild on his semi and had to spend about a week at our hotel, and only had one set of clothes, and wore his safety yellow jacket at all times, even inside, and loved to talk more than I do during my happy moments, and who I thought was part of our group when I met him Friday morning hanging out at our trucks talking to Tim so I just acted like he knew who the hell I was talking about when I mentioned people or trucks". You know...Jimmy.

One of my favorite moments was Nick finally asking to take me up on my offer of letting him drive my 80. Turns out there was only about 50 feet of trail left...and he stuck it pretty much immediately! He still smiled the entire time, even when apologizing for 'breaking my truck' while it was hung up in the rocks.

^^^ True story there ... just two tough rocks and it being a little slick on the incline. I think Nick liked the puddles. The ones on the NE side don't hide big rocks in the water like the main property does.

Great moment for me was looking at a larger rock obstacle with John and suggesting he could alter his line to bump over it more easily and he smiled and said "yeah, but that would be cheating".

Awesome pics John.
The lex’s little 8” bottom is cute,
But she’s going to need a bigger one to keep that stuff up.
Even better picture description.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom