Rausch Creek to host reginal qualifier for KOH 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Road trip anyone? This is a friday event, the park will be closed to public use for this day only. Might be worth wild to cruise up in the Honda for the day, nothing like 30 mpg's plus. I am willing to drive, can take the first 3 passengers... would only cost about $10 per person for fuel.

In case you do not know, KOH is King of the Hammers, out at the Hammers, a cross between high speed desert racing and rock crawling in Johnson Valley, Ca. Might be fun to watch some guys beat the snot out of there rigs.

Rob

The event is May 15th, 2009

Last edited:
Anyone else, this event is only 3 weeks away. Road trip anyone???
Racing starts at 9:30 friday morning.

Last edited:
Hey Guys I had a good time watching this race. I got the video of the 2009 KOH race in Johnson Valley and I am hooked. I am planning on going out there in Feb 2010 to watch the race LIVE!

Here are the details:
Fly out of Richmond on wed, Get a 4wd rental, go out and watch prerunning on thursday, watch race on friday, party with the guys after the race. Fly back home mid day sat. They have not released the official dates yet but it should be the 2nd or 3rd weekend of Feb.

looking at cost this is what I have come up with:
Flights roundtrip to Palm Springs $320
Hotel for 3 nights $300
Rental car for 3 days $210.00

The more people the less it will cost, we can split rental, hotel ect.

Let me know who is in, I know it is a long way out but I want to start booking rooms.

and yes "it is that damn big!"

I saw coverage of it on Xtreme 4x4 last weekend. Insane to say the least. :eek:

I might be up for the trip. :hmm:

Tim

ROAD TRIP!

One thing to maybe consider is a motorhome - after watching the live coverage on Pirate this year and hearing what some others mentioned - there is absolutely nothing out there and there were tents getting blown over like crazy by the wind. I don't know how windy it usually is out there, but do know that when I drove by Palm Springs last year, there were lots of wind farms.

bk

Wind? Meh... Blizzards cannot stop us; we scoff at your wind.

WE ARE BBRC!
sparta2.jpg

When I went out for the Warn Rock Crawling Championship back in 99, I stayed in Yucca Valley and drove out each day, only about a 20 min ride. This is where I plan on staying, hotels, food, liquer, everything you need.

This could be a hell of a road trip and good time!!

Norm, I think I am going to pass on racing the 4runner, it is going to stay in retirement. Got a few plans for it though...

ha!............. i have relatives in Yucca valley that i havent seen in about 15 years.

sorry just blabin.......

sounds like another cool trip(like MOAB)that i won't be able to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom