Rauch Creek: Weekend of December 1st (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I call shot gun with @iptman
Back seat driver slot still open? Ya never know with me, but my schedule is in the hands of the docs now. Not sure if I’ll be bringing a wheeler back from NC next week. Just don’t tell my wife if I go. She’ll sh!t if she knows I went cold weather camping without her, no matter how bugfuck crazy that sounds.

I’ve got a Buddy heater that will be available for y’all if I’m not there. Lemme know.

I will not have the problem diagnosed and repaired it My Junk by then.

I dropped the first hint with the wife tonight and it wasn't outright rejected. A couple more and I should be good to go.:hmm:

let me see if I can re-arrange my schedule...would like to see y'all

Hi All:

Hope you all are well.

Myself, @CatskillsRunner and a few other folks are heading to RC the first weekend of December.

We will get down there Friday afternoon and wheel the weekend.

Opening it up if any of the DC folks would like to join in.

Best regards.
-onur
Hmm maybe

My wife and I are very interested in joining at RC on Dec 1. I have a stock gx470 with good 32" AT tires. It did great in forest roads (not the ATV trails) at the Cove (Gore, VA) this weekend in snow and mud and I do have a lot of experience in snow, mud and gravel from when I did a few SCCA rally events in Oregon.

Of course I have the raising rear suspension (is this ever useful off-road?), but I don't have a lift yet and I still have side steps. I dont mind pinstripes at all but, this is also our only car so I dont want body damage. Is it reasonable to drive this at RC? If not, do you think my wife and I could tag along in someone else's rig on the trail- we could contribute gas money, etc. Also, I am thinking of getting a 2.5 inch lift- would this get me safely through RC? I have all the required gear that is listed on the TLCA and CLCA websites- recovery gear, fire extinguisher, and recovery points. Happy to get your feedback!

I don't have a lift yet and I still have side steps

You'd probably be fine on most of the green trails, but anything else is trouble, especially with running boards. Leave it in the lot and tag along. I'm pretty sure there will be extra seats, and someone willing to give you a ride.

I am thinking of getting a 2.5 inch lift- would this get me safely through RC?

With a 2.5" lift, and replacing the running boards with sliders, you'd be surprised what your truck can do, even with 32"s.

Anybody planning to camp at RC? After Utah, RC should feel toasty in early December.

I may try and get my junk going for this outing. If so I’ll camp at RC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom