Rauch Creek: Weekend of December 1st

I might actually be available that weekend! Is it safe for a daily (ie work arounds for any crazy stuff?)/do they have beginner/intermediate trails? If women are allowed on this trip lmao.

Last edited:

76FJ40

Old Fart
SILVER Star

There are trails to suit all levels and women are encouraged to attend (someone needs to do the cooking).

iptman

What time do you guys typically get started wheeling in the morning Onur? And what kind of trails are you planning on hitting up? I'd like to hit up some more challenging stuff here and there if others are up for it.

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Park opens at 10am.

What people run will be up to the collective.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
@iptman or others - Anybody wanna let me watch them sleep split a room to keep down costs? An unemployed guy's gotta do what he can to maintain his bourbon-dominated lifestyle. Anybody wanna ride along with me (leaving from Gainesville VA)? One front seat available. Bringing the 1994 in my sig line.

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Reminder: We are getting up there Thursday evening and staying at the Comfort Inn behind the Mac-Donalds.

Friday: Park office opens at 8am. Property opens at 10am. We'll be there by 930am or so to take care of park paperwork and then hangout and figure out the plan before heading in.

Comms: HAM: 147.460
My cell: five zero five-944-50 eight one

If anyone needs anything feel free to call.

Depending on how big our group is, we might have to split up into two groups based on experience level and truck build. Of course, since there has been decent precipitation down there, even the easy trails will probably be difficult.

Looking forward to it folks.
-onur

Last edited:

76FJ40

Old Fart
SILVER Star

It looks like I'm also out for a variety of reasons.

I cut a pile of firewood in anticipation of attending and it's now available for pick up if anyone wants to haul it to RC.

JohnVee

SILVER Star
Do you have a hitch basket I can borrow? Not that I’m camping, but I can carry and deliver. Hmm, but I might plenty of internal storage since I’m solo and not camping. We’ll figure it out if anybody wants you to give them wood. Hehehe.

Stump and I were thinking of attempting an early departure Saturday at O’dark thirty to wheel and spend one night. Optimistic plans have been foiled by a few factors. We were looking forward to seeing everyone and hope you guys have a great time. Send photos and carnage reports.

Top Bottom