Rattling sound after battery reconnect (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been trying for a couple of days to do a power window reset on my 2013 LC. They stopped working from all switches/all doors when I put new low beam bulbs in and disconnected the + terminal to do so. Today I tried to disconnect the battery again and tried re-initializing windows again. No luck :(

BUT... there is a very loud rattle coming from underside now. The LC died down after 1st start (as expected). After 2nd start it idled pretty low (as expected) around 500rpm for a min and then there was a very loud rattling sound from the rear axle area. I shut off the car and started again and the noise resumed. I made a video for you all to see. The rattle goes away when car is turned off or when I press the gas pedal even a tiny bit.

I have disconnected and reconnected batteries on several other vehicles without any drama but LC has it own ways :(

No idea what that rattle is. Doesn’t seem related to your window problem.

I wonder if your window issue is somehow related to you disconnecting the + terminal and not the negative. I disconnect my negative a lot on my 2013 LC, every time I touch anything electrical. The only issues I have had are reinitializing the computer and that only happens if I leave the battery disconnected for several days.

Heat shield on the exhaust or something else compromised by rust. After an ecu reset the idle can run slightly low or uneven while the computer reestablishes it’s fuel trims.

I’d keep driving it and it will probably improve. If it wasn’t doing it before the battery cycle you have very low odds of something being truly wrong.

Heat shield on the exhaust or something else compromised by rust. After an ecu reset the idle can run slightly low or uneven while the computer reestablishes it’s fuel trims.

I’d keep driving it and it will probably improve. If it wasn’t doing it before the battery cycle you have very low odds of something being truly wrong.
Yes the idle is very low as I expected but it never made that noise before (even when I first reconnected battery when changing low beams). I am taking it to my local mechanic just to get this newly acquired LC and will have him disconnect battery and then put it on the lift to isolate that noise.

Yep it was the heat shield! Just crawled down there and there wasn't much rust but the heat shield came loose and was touching the exhaust. Temp fixed now but will ask my mechanic to add a big washer and put it in again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom