Rattling on initial aceleration/take off. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Goes away after a while. 6cylinder petrol 105 series, it's a tinny little rattle.

I have grabbed the A/C compressor pulley and the clutch is quite loose. It doesn't stop it from driving though or air con from working

But unsure if it is that. Any ideas? It's just a tinny rattle that gets slightly louder as the accelerator is applied.

Cheers.

I have the same thing on my 98’ LC, only owned it about a month seems like mine is coming from the passenger side rear portion of the vehicle.
Yeah it's a little loud at times which has me curious to fix it. I really haven't gotten out of the car and looked underneath.
Needs someone pushing down the accelerator and I don't have anyone around who can look only young kids and the missus.
I have a mechanic mate who could look at it. Next time he takes it I'll get him to have a look, it's got me curious.

It's nothing like a main belt or anything. Only pulley in that area loose is the A/C Compressor.

exhaust or muffler ernie
Could definitely be that, I've gone over some solid corrugations recently which actually took out the original alternator.

Maybe something loose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom