rattle, squeak hunting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally decided to do the clamp thing on my cats to quiet them down during acceleration. I clamped the 2 smaller shields, don't have a big enough clamp for the big ones, but noticed a lot of vibration from the heatshield from the xover pipe, had to clamp that twice. Just kept hitting the exhaust with the rubber butt end of the hammer until something rattled.

Now that is quiet, I found another one. seems to be from the rear wheel or axle area. Only on bumps, sounds like more of a squeak than a rattle, but pretty loud. Upon inspection first thing I noticed was the emergency brake cables really loose and slop around, I hit the pivot points with wd40, but didn't do much. Is it supposed to be so loose, does it need adjusting? any other ideas what it may be?

Funny, I just did the cat clamp thing as well. But I'm still getting a rattling sound when going over speed bumps. Didn't have enough time to investigate today.

both our LX and LC have the same sqeek in the rear, on the same bumps in the road..........seeing how they both do it.......I will just leave it be ;)

I am still leaning towards the emergency brake cables, I think they should probably be supported one more time where the slack is. Possibly the plastic grommets that the cables go through should hold them better? worn? I big glob of silicone caulk would cure that, but only until I used the e brake again.

At least I am not alone on this.

could be, seems like on mine its on the driverside rear area, just a little "chirp" sometimes..........its no biggy but its the only squek or rattle on either of them.

ogsuv said:
I am still leaning towards the emergency brake cables, I think they should probably be supported one more time where the slack is. Possibly the plastic grommets that the cables go through should hold them better? worn? I big glob of silicone caulk would cure that, but only until I used the e brake again.

At least I am not alone on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom