Rattle noise on LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

Hey so this literally just started happening about 15 minutes ago when I was leaving the drive thru. Most recent think I've done to my cruiser is replace the front U-Joints and also found out that my front diff bushing is bad. Any ideas are appreciated on what could be causing this noise

I can't hear any rattling sound in your video. Under what conditions did you experience the rattle? At idle parked, or rolling slowly, or when you're on the gas? Did it happen when you were turning or going over a bump? Does it sound like a ticking sound?

I can't hear any rattling sound in your video. Under what conditions did you experience the rattle? At idle parked, or rolling slowly, or when you're on the gas? Did it happen when you were turning or going over a bump? Does it sound like a ticking sound?
You can hear the rattling if you have headphones on but it only happens when I am on the gas. Also sorry I don't have the best camera to work with ATM

I did put in crappy gas this last time I filled up so could that cause the issue? When I had an F150 I had something like that happen

Must be the only non-Araco built LX in existence, only way to explain a rattle IMPO.

Does it sound like an exhaust or metallic-type rattle under the driver's seat? I have one of those rattles that I believe is an exhaust system-related rattle. Though I can't find any loose heat shields. It only happens when I drive down my street before everything is completely warmed up.

Since I can't pinpoint it by shaking components underneath the vehicle, I may use a chassis ear to find the noise.

Does it sound like an exhaust or metallic-type rattle under the driver's seat? I have one of those rattles that I believe is an exhaust system-related rattle. Though I can't find any loose heat shields. It only happens when I drive down my street before everything is completely warmed up.

Since I can't pinpoint it by shaking components underneath the vehicle, I may use a chassis ear to find the noise.
It sounds like exhaust. It stopped doing it for now but I will try and get a better video if it does it again

I second the idea of looking at the exhaust heat shields. I got mine to stop rattling with 3-4 long, metal straps with the worm clamp on the end

It is suffering from Alfa- and Lancia-itis. Best not turn the steering wheel or the engine may explode, especially on Wednesdays.

It is suffering from Alfa- and Lancia-itis. Best not turn the steering wheel or the engine may explode, especially on Wednesdays.
Damn I guess it must be my muffler bearing about to go. I think I need to lube them up with some blinker fluid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom