Rattle in back passenger door. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is is worth opening up the door panel to chase down a rattle or am I just more likely to make new rattles by messing with the panel?

Is is worth opening up the door panel to chase down a rattle or am I just more likely to make new rattles by messing with the panel?

No issue removing the panel. Just be aware of any clips that may pop off so you don’t lose them. Could also be a loose clip rattli g around for that matter…

Before removing the full door panel though, I’d remove the the arm rest top plates (which you have to do anyway before removing the full panel) to peek in & see if its as simple as wires (window power) that might be vibrating against something. If so, could be as simple as a small zip-tie for a wee bit of redirect.

No issue removing the panel. Just be aware of any clips that may pop off so you don’t lose them. Could also be a loose clip rattli g around for that matter…

Before removing the full door panel though, I’d remove the the arm rest top plates (which you have to do anyway before removing the full panel) to peek in & see if its as simple as wires (window power) that might be vibrating against something. If so, could be as simple as a small zip-tie for a wee bit of redirect.

Thanks, I will give that a try first.

Thanks, I will give that a try first.

Another tip…
Once the screws near the inside handle are out, you just pry the panel a bit and pull.

BUT….!
Do yourself a favor first… and pop out the lower panel entry and exit light panel… (small flat-head screwdriver twist will pop it out). Then shove it back in through the hole to the door side so it stay with the door & not the panel. If you don’t, it’s easy to accidentally strain the wires.

It is relatively straightforward and easy to remove the panels. I had to remove the front drivers panel early on to replace the interior door handle which my wife had scratched up quite badly with her rings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom