Rats chewed through unknown wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently pulled the LC100 out of storage and found some rats had eaten through some cables. Can anyone help me identify what this goes to and what the impact is driving it until it is replaced? It appears to be related to the AC/heating system

F6725B1A-39F2-49D8-9C32-31371B0B0636.jpeg

As a side note, set some traps. Lot's of cozy places to call home in the 100. Final tally was 6 when I had my son's 06 shipped home from Colorado. That's two. He was still eating peanut butter while his buddy was detained below. :lol:

IMG_1950.jpg

Magic 8 ball says “Reply hazy, try again.”

(Maybe some pictures, or a description of where & what colors might help.)

We're about 1/2 mile north of the Birds of Prey National Wildlife Park. We have tons of rodents from gophers to rats to mice in our fields.

My account picture lives in the garage and she never misses. She gets plenty of cat food and definitely kills for sport. Dead bodies are left on the driveway. No issues with rodents eating either the LX or Cruiser.

Recently pulled the LC100 out of storage and found some rats had eaten through some cables. Can anyone help me identify what this goes to and what the impact is driving it until it is replaced? It appears to be related to the AC/heating system
Sorry y’all! I’m on mobile and the pic didn’t upload for some reason!

B82D9A58-A4E5-47A2-8BC6-8DF7365F1003.jpeg

I had a family of Packrats set up a nasty nest in the V of my 2UZ-FE; 5-years ago. And, of course, they dined on the wiring harness apart of the knock sensor. After I got all that remedied and apart of a test drive, upon turning on the HVAC fan and getting zero air throughput...I had that sinking feeling of immediately knowing the Packrats hadn't stopped at the V.

A bit of a PITA that left me on the want to kill...every fawking Packrat within miles. I nearly succeeded, except their numbers are almost limitless.

IMG_1435.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

With all due respect I thought that was the gopher from Caddyshack. Looks like a tough hombre.
She's a Russian Blue...google a little as some here would prefer mud doesn't turn into a cat house. ;)

Were the wires actually severed or just the wrap? Can’t tell from your photo.
Anything not work?

Were the wires actually severed or just the wrap? Can’t tell from your photo.
Anything not work?
If the wires are larger than ~ 24 to 26 gage, the rodent will go after the soy oil/taste in the insulation...why they went in scrounging to start. Small gage might cause unintended bite-throughs.

Just how much wires did the mice chew? Is that a purge solenoid connector? You can save the terminals and solder a new section of wire and splice it.
I have seen worse than what you got but I see that a few times a year at work during the cold snap.

Wiring housing block(s) and pig tail(s) are available from Toyota/Lexus. Each has the last five of part number on them.
Example:
11428 Water temp gauge 98-02.JPEG

Wire splice.JPG

Here are some better pictures and including the remaining segment of wire that’s been completely separated along with a closeup of label of seemingly related component. No obvious signs of anything wrong while driving. Heating and AC still work. I appreciate the feedback so far! Hoping someone can ID the type of wire and what it belongs to!
D5DEEE99-9DDC-403B-B9F2-4558771384C5.jpeg
AA8CCDB7-9460-4E46-9B04-36267F43D92C.jpeg
B0A6DF9C-C704-4C0A-9705-A6863894E7E9.jpeg
7099B6F1-5B3E-4EFC-A782-2F5743EE1095.jpeg

53F15F7D-D257-4F76-8A99-B0EC38E57266.jpeg

You can just Google the part number that's on it.

Ya… that should have been my first move. Looks like the wire powers a vacuum switch valve. More googling to figure out what that means and what it impacts

I found this post related to the VSV, but need help in figuring out the wiring component. Any leads? (Pun slightly intended)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom