RATE your Va hospital thread

Discussion in 'Veterans Highway' started by rustybucket, Sep 11, 2017.

1. rustybucket

rustybucket

I use the one at American Lake Lakewood Washington. I have used the services paringly but its a really nice campus that has LOTS of large trees, a large golf course Vets can use and a nice view of American Lake. The campus also has a VASH program where homeless vets can stay for up to six months. I rate is a 7-8. The center does not have emergency services. For that I would need to goto to VA hospital in Seattle.

2. Helipilot

Helipilot SILVER Star

In Little Rock we have two facilities; one at Ft Root is the Regional office and treatment center and the other is also a hospital with ER facilities as well as out-patient and in-patient treatment.

I rarely go to either but I think they are over staffed in certain areas. However the treatment has vastly improved in the last 8 months. Trump has them up and running. I get really depressed every time I go either one so I use private physicians and private medical care.

All three of my sons served but my youngest son returned from Iraq a wreck. We had to spend over $122,000 of our savings to get him proper treatment for his issues. The VA was basically worthless. He is now a 100% disabled veteran due to his inability to work.

3. love2fly

love2fly Flying the Mountains of the NW

Media:
    Albums:
    Since I got out of the Army I have used the Boise Idaho Veterans Hospital. I received injuries in Afghanistan and the hospital has been super for my needs. Never had to ask for anything, they always asked me what I needed with a 100% support. It's a busy hospital as many folks such as myself travel from a grate distance to get there but worth it. It has emergency services and a good help line for vets in need.
    I go there also when I can to help support the veterans when car shows are offered and other special occasions for the vets that are hospitalized there, some WWII - Korean - and Nam vets. I have 25 years in the Army and they are all family to me, they have great story's of life if one listens. The parking is the only pain as they don't have the room to expand the parking lots. :cheers:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  4. Helipilot

Helipilot SILVER Star

I must add to my original post that since President Trump got the new VA Secretary in and the congress passed the law to allow the VA to fire inept employees the treatment for my son has vastly improved. I went with him recently for his appointment and the attitude has shifted 180* from what it was. I hope it continues as the Vietnam vets were basically treated like second class citizens, not only by the VA but the general population as a whole.

NateMob and SMG like this.
  5. devildogcruiser25

devildogcruiser25 The spice must flow

I would rate my local VA hospital as LOL. I am in San Antonio and, as you can imagine, the mil population is huge. There have been a couple occasions that I have had to visit the ER (one time with open wound on my hand, dripping blood on the floor) and I spent HOURS waiting in the waiting room. VA is my last resort.

6. love2fly

love2fly Flying the Mountains of the NW

Media:
    Albums:
    Did you fill out a ticket on this when at the hospital or did they even offer you a "how was our service" ticket. I hear a lot of VA hospitals are now offering to hear from the veteran when care is given. I have been in that hospital and it is very very busy place. That's to bad.

7. devildogcruiser25

devildogcruiser25 The spice must flow

never filled out a ticket, never been asked about service. I was most recently there about 3 weeks ago following a concussion.

8. gibgoaz8

gibgoaz8

The Dublin, Ga. VA, called the Carl Vinson VA, has outstanding service to the veterans that they serve. They serve all of the middle Georgia area, plus some other areas, and, they are busy, but they always treat me like the prodigal son coming back home. It has reached the point with me that I had rather go to the VA than I had to any private doctor. I know for a fact that I get quicker service. If i have an appt. at a certain time, I had better be there, because they will call me within about 5 minutes of my appt. time. ALL of the staff at the Dublin VA is helpful, courteous, kind, and very proficient at what they do. I am proud that this facility is my primary VA medical contact. It is about 40 miles from my home, but when I have an appt. and go, I get mileage pay. And, even as busy as they are, they still take up the time with me that I need. I, for one, am a proud veteran of my facility. I just wish all VA facilities were as proficient as the Dublin VA.

9. NateMob

NateMob

Media:
    Albums:
    The VA in Augusta, Ga has great service according my my 90yo grandad. He is there often and he and my grandma are always talking about the excellent care that he receives.

Big Ed likes this.
  10. ranger

ranger

I use the Boise VA, and they have always treated me well. Only bad thing is parking, but should be a limited problem when they finish the parking garage.

11. custyota

custyota Meatball SILVER Star

I recently moved from NC to San Diego, Cali. NC Va wasn't that great, was not impressed with the quality of care or the Drs. The Mission Valley VA is much better. The Drs are more responsive and the facilities are updated and modern. They actually call and setup apts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.